Anyone using Shimano M-737 pedals?

I have about a half dozen set in different states of wear. Love em. I can't help but put 737's even on my pre clipless projects. You can usually find them around here at the bike swaps for a decent price.

I use them on all my off road fleet, great pedals. I did try modern spd's but found them too small, if you take a dab and don't clip in first time your fooked.

I have a draw full of pd-m520s cause all my riders have pd-m737/525s on em

My main bike has 520s and my CX has eggbeaters (both due to mud) but I doubt they'll last anywhere near as long as the originals

Bought a set for the Kona when they first appeared. Decided to strip them down for the first time earlier this year 'cos surely they needed something replacing...they didn't.

rc200ti":2b26a6wh said:
Bought a set for the Kona when they first appeared. Decided to strip them down for the first time earlier this year 'cos surely they needed something replacing...they didn't.

I'm pretty sure that's why Shimano changed the design. Otherwise how could they make people buy new pedals?

Cynical I know.

But true.

i have one set which i use for offroading on whichever bike i happen to be taking out, as they seem indestructable. otherwise i have all lighter weight Ritchey SPDs for light duty riding.

Had a set, brought second hand, since 94. Sadly let them go with my GT singlespeed I sold a couple of months ago.

Been mourning the loss ever since...........

10 years later, and I'm still using the same two pairs. They've been adjusted when the bearings start to feel loose and also had new grease added at the same time, but still going strong.
I think I have 2x737 1x747, 1x636 2x646, 1x970 and a set of 520s now. Only 8 sets.

I can only echo the comments above. Brilliant pedals, fully serviceable, just a little on the heavy side in the comparison to the later M747's

Back