Anyone own an On-One Inbred?

Well, it arrived yesterday and it was a bit dirty so I stripped it all the way down this evening to clean and check it over - upon turning the cranks I've noticed that the chainring and bash guard are both out of true. So, either the spider is warped or the BB axle is bent :(

The website has this caveat on these clearance bikes:

Clearance bikes are ex-demo, slight seconds or returned bikes. We've had them through our workshop for a service and we've tried to describe them as best but in essence they are sold as seen

I don't mind that the bike was dirty, obviously ridden and with a few chips and scuffs but I wasn't expecting any damaged parts. I'm about to email them and see how I get on.

As for using it as a commuter, my commute is about 50% roads and 50% cutting through the pleasant parks of Cambridge. With all the stop start traffic and foreign cyclists with no sense of direction, I think this should be perfect. My fixie was fast on the road but wasn't great for hopping up kerbs and cutting across the grass ;)

just spotted this thread, iv recently got back into biking and have an inbred and its helped a lot! im hooked again!.

i love mine, got some handsomedog style forks on the front i had kicking around. only thing i will say is after a proper good blast a couple of times im going with some front sus, and a pace frame [thats another story - or long term dream!]

i also went for the geared one with a singlator! most people peobably think thats dumb but i got so fed up with my last bike a dmr with crap sliding caliper mount never working as it should!

finally got the 456 rideable this weekend. Its not 'finished' but its good enough to ride.

Oooooh, its good. Far far better than its price tag suggests. Rides lighter than the 5lb frame weight (16") would suggest aswell. Although with XTR throughout and quality finishing kit, the all-up weight has been kept sensible.

Very little flex when climbing, remained seated up some tricky technical climbs that usually have me out of the saddle. Descending was noticably faster and more controlled than my previous bike.

Its a hooligan, positively encourages you to to ride outside your limits, which is great... but will result in injuries within the next few months I imagine :)

Does this mean there's a chance you'll be putting in a lap or two on it next Mayhem Russell?

Ah go on!

Tallpaul":1hb84ldx said:
Well, it arrived yesterday and it was a bit dirty so I stripped it all the way down this evening to clean and check it over - upon turning the cranks I've noticed that the chainring and bash guard are both out of true. So, either the spider is warped or the BB axle is bent :(

The website has this caveat on these clearance bikes:

Clearance bikes are ex-demo, slight seconds or returned bikes. We've had them through our workshop for a service and we've tried to describe them as best but in essence they are sold as seen

I don't mind that the bike was dirty, obviously ridden and with a few chips and scuffs but I wasn't expecting any damaged parts. I'm about to email them and see how I get on.

As for using it as a commuter, my commute is about 50% roads and 50% cutting through the pleasant parks of Cambridge. With all the stop start traffic and foreign cyclists with no sense of direction, I think this should be perfect. My fixie was fast on the road but wasn't great for hopping up kerbs and cutting across the grass ;)

They don't have a leg to stand on: quote the Sale Of Goods Act re fitness for purpose.

PurpleFrog":1w6bp1qw said:
They don't have a leg to stand on: quote the Sale Of Goods Act re fitness for purpose.

:roll:

No need for militancy, I politely asked for a new BB and they sent me one right out. Very pleased with their customer service and now i've got a 42t chainring it's the perfect bike for my commute :)

i believe in fixies":1t9hmi1w said:
Does this mean there's a chance you'll be putting in a lap or two on it next Mayhem Russell?

Ah go on!

Who knows what might happen in the next 12 months :)

I politely asked for a new BB and they sent me one right out. Very pleased with their customer service

Really nice to see comments like that for a change. Getting a bit tired of law-quoting-company-bashing-militants. Companies make mistakes, its how they deal with them thats important.

Back