Anyone own an On-One Inbred?

I had one, rode it a lot, tried to like it but just couldn't bring myself to do so. In fact, it put me off cycling altogether for more than a year.

Go on, have a go, but I'd buy something secondhand and better. £450 could get you something really special from the classifieds here.

I had a Ti inbred (old school Ti) and even though it was heavy and painted ! oh and the head angle was too slack............i really enjoyed it :cool: but after selling a few steel ones to people and test riding them i would choose a diff brand for steel :D

I've already got an 853 Genesis Alititude with SLX and REBA's for really riding, the On-One would be more of a mooch about town bike - i'd probably commute on it too.

As for spending the money on something retro, I do have my eye on something in addition to this....

Tallpaul":1gferoe0 said:
I've already got an 853 Genesis Alititude with SLX and REBA's for really riding, the On-One would be more of a mooch about town bike - i'd probably commute on it too.

As for spending the money on something retro, I do have my eye on something in addition to this....

It'll be crap for commuting. I did it once, 10 miles each way and hated every yard of it. I've never ridden it round town though would probably hate it if I did!

Well, I've just bought this: :D

(Pictures are of the actual bike)

A40.jpg

control8.jpg

chainset9.jpg

rear-detail8.jpg

Tidy, you'll love it!

My 456 arrived this morning. Can't wait to get it built up but I'm going to take this opportunity to send my forks to TFT for a service etc so I'm going to have to sit on my hands for a few days... Graaaah, patience!

My Inbred got here today too. Headset is in and the rest will be sorted come the weekend. Happy days. Now the only choice is to go for a suspension fork or stick to RC31s.

mtbfix":1ohoahli said:
My Inbred got here today too. Headset is in and the rest will be sorted come the weekend. Happy days. Now the only choice is to go for a suspension fork or stick to RC31s.

Oooh, thats a decision. My Inbred is rigid, but it is a singlespeed and my ethos concerning those really is that lighter is better :)

Love mine but ride it only offroad so not sure how it will do as a commuter-the forks are very heavy but I went for some bounce and with the Mary bars it rides real nice- looks cool looking forward to your opinion.

Back