anyone know anything about E bikes?

sex one

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
righto..basically looking to cut my commuting costs down so considering an e bike....or if anyone knows how(and can detail) I can make my own around an old road bike i'd be grateful.

I know half of sod all about what i'd need so dont worry about teaching me to suck eggs etc

The commute is 62 miles round trip so i'd need something substantial

thanks in advance

I know a fair bit about e-bikes.

Don't try making your own - you could buy one for less.

Anything less than £1000 or so and the battery capacity will be compromised - and 62 miles is a fair old distance. There are plenty of cheaper bikes out there but you won't be seeing them at my bike shop - at least not for sale. Had a few on the stand and not been impressed.

Focus do some really good ones. As do Kalkhoff. Both are using the Panasonic drive system which sits in the BB area and balances the bike better. But I suspect neither are available in the UK.

Personally - avoid "rack" type batteries and front hub drives.

there is a nice conversion that fits a motor inside the bottom bracket - cannot recall who makes it but was discussed on cyclechat.

tbh you should be looking at an E-bike as an assistant rather than doing all the work for your as that will need bigger bsatteries hence more £££ and more lb.

For a 62mile round trip, get a moped, its cheaper than a car by far. It wont get you fit but it wont kill you either and if you insist on pedals try a Velosolex ;)

Latest posts

Back