PENDLE does anyone know anything about their bikes/frames

Rebikecumbria

Retro Guru
Does anyone know much about PENDLE before they descended into just making bike racks.
I ve heard stories about them making and modding allsorts in the 90s for mtb racers ect
I ve come across a PENDLE XC frame and cant find anything online or even seen one since the 90s

any info would be great

i ll bosh a pic up of the frame soon

Does it have a frame number? The chances are they may have sourced the frames from one of the factories (quite possibly Taiwanese) used by other manufacturers and the frame number would help with identifying that.

Does it have a frame number? The chances are they may have sourced the frames from one of the factories (quite possibly Taiwanese) used by other manufacturers and the frame number would help with identifying that.
I ll check when i am near it next and get some more pics, I did notice a stamped number beginning with T and about 6/8 digits after on one of the dropouts but assumed this might just be a dropout number, I would be very surprised if it was Taiwanese and not built by Pendle Engineering in their own workshop/factory as the build quality is top notch and when i stripped the frame after i found it in the frame pile its incredibly light even for an alu frame
but you could be right though i ll be a little dissapointed if it is a generic taiwan jobby ahaha

Checked the bb and nothing only markings other than the pendle decals is the number on the rear drop out TA4701086

Attachments

• EC70500A-A1D8-4741-A438-36B935F9930A.jpeg
    EC70500A-A1D8-4741-A438-36B935F9930A.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 6
Back