Anyone know anything about Carbolite full sus

I too thought that "carbolight" rang some bells. Thought about it for a while: Its the Koga Miyata Carbolight frames that were the reason for that. ;)
They even did a full sus version, looked loke this:
93RDGSactual720h.jpg

But this frame you talk about here looks very 93/94 to me. It is very unusual to have disk brake mounts on a frame this old. Even if it were 95 or 96, still it would be unusual.
May well be those were added later. I think you will see it, when you get the frame. The rear end looks to be cast. If those mount are welded on I would assume they were added at some later point.

Anyhwo! Very interesting machinery. I like it.

Re:

Yep all the research i've done brings up Koga Miyata Carbolite and Univega Carbolite.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":30z5fdnl said:
Gruff":30z5fdnl said:
Yep all the research i've done brings up Koga Miyata Carbolite and Univega Carbolite.

Did you check this out fella, its the rigid versions but I'm sure if you ask they may be able to shed some light on the suspension version

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 24331.html

RBG

I did but it doesn't look the same front end and the name is different.
I picked it up today and once ive given it a clean tomorrow i'll put some pics up.

Re:

Right it's now in my grubby hands :D

It's in pretty good nick with a full DX groupset bar the headset which is a nice Primax needle roller and the BB which is a silky smooth UN71.

The rims are non eyeletted anodised grey Eagle by Rodi which i've never heard of.

The bad bit is there is an inch split in the head tube seam and the bonded in Alu shim has come out so am looking at carbon repairers. Any recommendations?

It's been DATATAGGED in the past, has a sticker that says "Designed and built in England" and a serial number sticker with CYC0001892 on it. This is on the frame in 3 different places.

The forks need a rebuild but the rear shock has no oil leaks but just needs pumping up :)

Anyway pics speak a thousand words

Still seeking info on this so if anyone knows anything please let me know.
Thanks

Re:

What a great project you got yourself there, looks like your gonna get well connected to solvo with all that bear metal on the arse end

Back