Anyone know about wireless CCTV

NeilM":eu62pwnj said:
24/7 would be the intention.
It would be no good going for movement detection, hoping to save on battery life, as horses move about all the time. :mrgreen:
On some high spec' cctv you can independently set cameras to be either motion detected or straight 24/7.

Do you have an electrical supply there? You can get very good quality waterproof CCTV cameras from China on Ebay. The same units they sell in Maplin for a fifth of the price. They have B&W night vision and colour in good light.

With a USB or PCI card you can monitor 4 to 6 cams very cheaply, and the software does the motion detect.

Throw it all in an old PC and you can have it recording all week with a small hard drive.

I set up a similar system to catch fly tippers lately, though we now have a hard wired system feeding into our network.

No mains I'm afraid, it will have to be run from 12v car / truck batteries (bearing in mind we are talking spring / summer).

If I'm cheeky, I can probably get a good idea of what I need from Maplin and then put it together myself. I am just unclear at present about the data recording aspect, or rather the best way to get the output from the camera to the hard drive, whether to look at wireless, or whether to go to a hard wired system.

If I went with a go-pro, I'd just get lots of shots of lovely yummy grass, nom nom nom nom.... my horse loves eating. :facepalm:

Back