Anybody know what this Raleigh is and is it any good ?

Blakey0811

Retro Newbie
Hi is anyone able to tell me anything about this Raleigh. I’ve been after a Raleigh for a while to add to my Marin Muirwoods, and an old Peugeot I have but don’t know anything about this one seller had offered me a good deal on it.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpeg
    IMG_0382.jpeg
    631.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0383.jpeg
    IMG_0383.jpeg
    625.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0384.jpeg
    IMG_0384.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
That’s looks to be a 1992 Raleigh Summit series 1 with some non original forks and stem great bikes I love my 93 summit
That’s looks to be a 1992 Raleigh Summit series 1 with some non original forks and stem great bikes I love my 93 summit

Check the brazed seat stays on these too some where known to crack other than that the perfect 90’s Steel steed 👍🏻👍🏻

Bargain!
One day these very last ones, the swansong of the proper uk frame building industry, will get the interest they deserve.

Check there's no ripple in the main b tubes behind the headlugs - a replacement fork often means it's had a hefty front ender, and lugged frames are prone to it.

Also put some better shifters on there asap.
You can see what original spec would be if you can find the catalogue - im guessing deore pianokeys.
👍

Back