anybody know what this is??

Unclejack":3hhia6t5 said:
aka Townsend saturn.

I was thinking Townsend too...

"Oberon"

Big white decals at around the time I bought my Dawes XC Expert :D halcyon days

(Think they wanted a budget slice of the Cannondale style pie)

Did have bullhorn bars too at the time, around 92/3

Were being sold at Stallard Cycles at the bottom of my dad's road for £350, I remember because I always lusted after fat tubed dales at the time and thought (to paraphrase a modern advert) "like a golf"... But not a golf ;)

one of these frames was up here being discussed a few weeks ago. i realised me and every one of my bike mates had one in '94ish. but no one saved one......a bit like a cortina!! it will be a classic when there's none left!! they were also in the argos and inxex catalogues!!!! very light and rode great for £89 new!!

jaypee":3nb982oi said:

That's steel, and really nothing like the OP's bike.

LGF is right, you lot need to learn the essential differences between a steel and aluminum frame.

I remember owning one of these, branded as a Claud Butler - I stripped it and polished it, then later sold it to someone for 100 quid. He stuck Marin Indian Fire Trail decals on it and rode it like that for years afterwards. Probably lasted longer than most of the real early IFTs.

Wasn't feather light though, by any means.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I know it's not the bike the OP posted. I think its probably the (steel) diamondback that people were speculating the OP's bike might have been. I posted it so the two could be compared

Was going to post what LGF pointed out, the DB is a skinny steel frame and the op's is an oversized alloy one, looks exactly like the Claud Butler 'Zagato' my mate had, think it was around 1993-1994, it got stolen and he replaced it with the next year model which came with shimano altus microdrive spec and was a ball burnished alloy frame, nowhere near as cool looking as the one with that paintjob imo!

Back