Any one heard of Carless?

Yeah sadly you need to make either 30 or 40 post in order to use the Private message service - this was brought in after bots spammed lot of users

Old Ned":1qb7e9mi said:
That's a super frame Mick. I wonder who it was built for originally? Obviously someone who had very definite ideas about what they wanted!

It’s Alan Roberts Frame who you would probably know as I contacted him & he confirms it’s his frame.

Really, that's interesting. Thanks. I thought it looked around his size. Last time we met was at a funeral on the Wirral a couple of years ago. Sort of event where I tend to be meeting old friends these days....

I've just picked one of these up on ebay - will start a thread once I've got it - I'm local to Dave Hinde and know him so will be dropping it in to his shop when I can for a bit of nostalgic chat!

I just came across this thread, and got even more nostalgic for my wonderful Carless bike that was made to fit me perfectly, and which I took with me to Nottingham university (in 1986ish). Had a few great trips with the uni cycling club out into Derbyshire on it, entered (and did badly in) a few time-trials, and had a memorable ride from Nottingham back home to Sandbach, during which the gears broke and couldn't be fixed, so I had to cycle home the rest of the way in top gear. That bike got stolen from the campus after a couple of years, sadly, and I've not had such a perfect roadbike again. I now live in Cambridge and ride a ladylike sit-up-and-beg Dutch bike for town and a MTB for bike rides.

I just came across this thread, and got even more nostalgic for my wonderful Carless bike that was made to fit me perfectly, and which I took with me to Nottingham university (in 1986ish). Had a few great trips with the uni cycling club out into Derbyshire on it, entered (and did badly in) a few time-trials, and had a memorable ride from Nottingham back home to Sandbach, during which the gears broke and couldn't be fixed, so I had to cycle home the rest of the way in top gear. That bike got stolen from the campus after a couple of years, sadly, and I've not had such a perfect roadbike again. I now live in Cambridge and ride a ladylike sit-up-and-beg Dutch bike for town and a MTB for bike rides.
Any pictures Clare?

Back