Any motorcyclists on here?

i wont ever go on the back of anyone, not even my best mates, i only ever took the misses out on the back and she is small , light and knew how to lean into corners so it didnt upset the bike,s balance much,

in honesty to be even considering it before you have had a season under your belt on bikes let alone got one is pretty scary, once you get let loose about 3 months in you will get complacent and probably slip into a corner too fast and scare yourself a bit, then you will sit back calm it down again and start to learn to ride a bike,

one step at a time mate

The leaning into corners pillion reminds me of an aquaintance of mine. In his yoof he lived in the fine wee too of Carnoustie east of Dundee and he and a mate had a near scrap Honda C90 used on the waste ground and back lanes beneath the local constabularies radar. One day they had a large box of stuff they wanted to shift and the only way it could be done with both of them on the seat was for the box holder to sit backwards holding the box on his lap.
Off they scooted until his mate in charge of the controls shouted tight corner coming up, lean left now !!!!!
The resultant crash was of course due to the fact the heavey box holder was travelling backward and leaned to his left which of course was completely opposite to the pilots :oops: :oops:
They were young, they bounced, the box might not have and the Honda became even more scrappy but rolled onwards as old Hondas do :cool:
Weight distribution on bikes is VERY important, not a great idea to carry pillions unless they are experienced passengers ;)

velomaniac":nvqtidth said:
The leaning into corners pillion reminds me of an aquaintance of mine. In his yoof he lived in the fine wee too of Carnoustie east of Dundee and he and a mate had a near scrap Honda C90 used on the waste ground and back lanes beneath the local constabularies radar. One day they had a large box of stuff they wanted to shift and the only way it could be done with both of them on the seat was for the box holder to sit backwards holding the box on his lap.
Off they scooted until his mate in charge of the controls shouted tight corner coming up, lean left now !!!!!
The resultant crash was of course due to the fact the heavey box holder was travelling backward and leaned to his left which of course was completely opposite to the pilots :oops: :oops:
They were young, they bounced, the box might not have and the Honda became even more scrappy but rolled onwards as old Hondas do :cool:
Weight distribution on bikes is VERY important, not a great idea to carry pillions unless they are experienced passengers ;)

^^haha! good one.

as a biker of many years myself i would say go for textile not leather gear,i have both but the leathers hardly ever get used now. textiles just seem more comfy to me. i find the more comfortable i feel on the bike the easier the riding is.

this thread and the orange zx10r that slipped alongside at the lights today has had me thinking again,,,,,must resist

stubb":3trzmrhl said:
this thread and the orange zx10r that slipped alongside at the lights today has had me thinking again,,,,,must resist

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

....But seriously - took my (at the time) 12yo daughter for a spin - she utterly loved it and it was great hearing her shrieking whoops of delight as we "tested" some of the acceleration qualities of the bike - nothing mental mind :cool:

Look we can't always drive Ovlovs and go to bed in secure, well insulated, padded rooms :cool: There is a life to be lived. Mountain biking is dangerous after all. C'est lavvy :cool:

If you don't try it - you'll never have done it ;) and I'm no speed freak by the way. Minimise the risks as best you can - that's all you can do.
OR - Buy a Volvo and live in a secure, well insulated, padded room. Don't fly, take lifts from strangers, or eat those funny worm things that Mexicans insist in putting in the bottom of your cocktails.

;)

yeah , i tried the sensible apraoch to riding a gixer thou...hmm i can see where i went wrong ,,, but there is a nice little bump on the back road to work just after a few bends , a little more throttle and it just picks the front end up...all on its own officer i didnt mean to, thing is this happens anywhere between 90 and 105mph , so i even failed there, its a super bike you buy it cos it goes fast lol

i got rid of it after a sprited ride with some mates and the speeds ect all got silly as they do,

ive had 20 years on and off bikes and im still walking by myself and alive , done well jobs a goodun,

Back