Any ideas what these tools are for?

rmwesley

Retro Guru
I'm on another (non-bike) forum and someone posted a couple of pics of some DIY(?) sockets they picked up in a box of random bike tools at a car boot.

I'm guessing they must either be for a specific bottom bracket or freewheel, but I can't find anything which matches the pattern of slots. They almost look to be the opposite of the lug pattern you find on freewheels.

Anyone got any ideas exactly what freewheel or BB they could be for? Or are they something else altogether... cheers

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

Couple of possibles, but still not convinced. I know absolutely nothing about cars, but this looks vaguely similar... wonder if this is it.

Screenshot 2023-05-23 211503.jpg

Looks like a castle nut drivers....they do make negative versions......but what it fits?

Or could they be a power wing driver? For some form of wingnut?

For producing Triganic Pu..... a unit of galactic currency, with an exchange rate of eight Ningis to one Pu. This is simple enough, but, since a Ningi is a triangular rubber coin six thousand eight hundred miles along each side, no one has ever collected enough to own one Pu. Ningis are not negotiable currency, because the Galactibanks refuse to deal in fiddling small change.

I have a strong suspicion you are the mill owner in this scenario and I shall be rousing the oppressed collectors of vintage cycletat to rise up in protest

For producing Triganic Pu..... a unit of galactic currency, with an exchange rate of eight Ningis to one Pu. This is simple enough, but, since a Ningi is a triangular rubber coin six thousand eight hundred miles along each side, no one has ever collected enough to own one Pu. Ningis are not negotiable currency, because the Galactibanks refuse to deal in fiddling small change.
God bless Douglas.

I'm on another (non-bike) forum and someone posted a couple of pics of some DIY(?) sockets they picked up in a box of random bike tools at a car boot.

I'm guessing they must either be for a specific bottom bracket or freewheel, but I can't find anything which matches the pattern of slots. They almost look to be the opposite of the lug pattern you find on freewheels.

Anyone got any ideas exactly what freewheel or BB they could be for? Or are they something else altogether... cheers

View attachment 743472

View attachment 743473
Possibly this could be to adjust the spokes on the bike, I mean to straighten the wheel.

Back