Wanted Any functional fixed gear rear wheel (700c)

cohaco

Retro Newbie
I have three fixed gear rear wheels and not one of them has decent lockring threads. It's only needed for my town hack runaround so it doesn't need to be anything fancy. Happy to service bearings and true it up myself (as long as it's within truable limits). Help me avoid weldtite-ing my cog on!

I have three fixed gear rear wheels and not one of them has decent lockring threads. It's only needed for my town hack runaround so it doesn't need to be anything fancy. Happy to service bearings and true it up myself (as long as it's within truable limits). Help me avoid weldtite-ing my cog on!
Just rotafix the cog on. I’ve done it for maybe 10,000 miles.

Just rotafix the cog on. I’ve done it for maybe 10,000 miles.
I already have! Still, I'd like the security of a lockring as well.

I have a beater fixed wheel you can take, but would it have to be posted to you? I'm in NW London so would prefer you to collect if you'd happen to be local?

I have a beater fixed wheel you can take, but would it have to be posted to you? I'm in NW London so would prefer you to collect if you'd happen to be local?
I'm very much not local to that - I'm in Glasgow. Trying to keep things cheap but with postage costs it might work out, but I don't want to cause you any hassle boxing it up waiting for a collection or whatever.

I'm very much not local to that - I'm in Glasgow. Trying to keep things cheap but with postage costs it might work out, but I don't want to cause you any hassle boxing it up waiting for a collection or whatever.
Yeah, totally fine if maybe you'd like to wait in case your ad brings about someone local offering you a wheel? My wheel's not going anywhere. If it comes to posting it, obvs it's a bit of a hassle. I also don't have a proper wheel box, so it would be a makeshift affair involving pieces of cardboard taped around.

Back