another thread got me thinking . . .

I'm finishing a modern first, but my next retro build (winter project) is a 1993 Explosif with the silver to black fade paint-job. I have options lined up: Pace suspension forks and boutique or a more understated P2 with Suntour gruppo and steel fittings. I'm as yet undecided. I may even do both builds in succession.

Enjoy!!

Oh before I forget, I bought my dream bike in 1997, the Santa Cruz Heckler.
Currently with modern kit and a Rohloff, the Heckler revisited in retro could be my next next project ;)

Come to bit of a stop, just need a Q/R seat bolt and the Marin Team Issue is finished.
The Merlin is in the latest terminology finished in Neo-Retro style and my M2 Stumpy is stripped down to a frame for sale.

Suppose the next project is messing around with some forks, trying to cut and shut to get a nice coil/oil with a 1in steerer. They both have bonded steerers, so i'm trying to get them swapped about including all the internals

Nothing else in the pipeline and not really looking, that's probably the most dangerous time for me and my wallet :)

I'm assembling the tools and supplies to build the frame of the next frame I'll build-up. I'd love a quality Pacific Northwest style steel hardtail, but I'm not going to pay for somebody else's kid to go to college to get it. So I'm gonna build the frame myself. Haven't burned steel in a good many years, so I may either turn out something horribly ugly, or totally unsafe and wind up with a broken clavicle, or I'll burn my shop to the ground and suffer third degree burns to 90% of my body! :shock:

Or both. :shock: :shock:

Either way, it should be a ball of fun and I can't wait to get started! :cool: :LOL:

Pretty sure its going to be a Scapin...

Just waiting for the right one to come up at the right price!

or may save my pennies and get a new un next year.

Pickle":5ydast2o said:
jonnyboy666":5ydast2o said:
what is your realistic next build? the one that you are actually going to do.

Well, within the last half hour, I have agreed to buy Haggis' '93 Eldridge Grade frameset :shock: :cool:

nice :cool: i love Marins... what you gonna do with it, Pickle? from memory that had LX/DX mix when new... looking forward to seeing this :D

utahdog2003":2utuikzi said:
I'm assembling the tools and supplies to build the frame of the next frame I'll build-up. I'd love a quality Pacific Northwest style steel hardtail, but I'm not going to pay for somebody else's kid to go to college to get it. So I'm gonna build the frame myself. Haven't burned steel in a good many years, so I may either turn out something horribly ugly, or totally unsafe and wind up with a broken clavicle, or I'll burn my shop to the ground and suffer third degree burns to 90% of my body! :shock:

Or both. :shock: :shock:

Either way, it should be a ball of fun and I can't wait to get started! :cool: :LOL:

This'll be good, get up a good thread on the fab, ps have ye fitted those pepperoni's yet?

Well i finally got my Manitou FS yesterday :D , so i'll be building that up, may take a while to find the right bits though.

This was a dream bike BITD ever since i seen one in a bike shop in Glasgow (with a price tag of £2450 for the bare frame :shock: ), i was a student at the time and the price was totaly out of reach, the stories of them cracking put me of for a while but decided it'd be ok if i found one that wasn't cracked (not that easy :roll: ) and just use it for gentle trails/fair weather use (i'm also a light rider).

Also got another 91 Clockwork coming, it's green at the moment but i'll be re-doing it orange/white fade and going for a more period build than my last one.

So many other bikes i lust after, Jellybean Salsa, Aquafade YO, Gator fade Adroit/Attitude and more recently Breezers and Richey's, need to draw the line though or soon i'll be living in a cardboard box surrounded by cool bikes :LOL:

Latest posts

Back