another thread got me thinking . . .

I really want to get a 29er from Groovy next year and still looking for a Formula One- the early one with the bolt on e-stay rear end. A Cleland would be nice too.

More than anything I want to ride more and polish less next year :cool:

jonnyboy666":28ard2iz said:
87 fisher!! :shock:

Yep. Another of my ebay bargains at £50.
This is what I'm aiming for with it... http://www.firstflightbikes.com/1987_Fisher_Montare.htm
From the pics I have of it, it looks pretty much standard so just have to wait and see what its like in the flesh when I collect it from Jerky.
I actually bought my Alpinestars as a project but it was in such good condition when I picked it up I cant bring myself to do much with it.

I'm so glad that my 'dream' bikes are just simple steel frames with standard kit on. Soooooo much cheaper that way :LOL:

nice, simple, cool :cool:

the alpinestars was cool, my style, nowt to bling but properly functional, built for riding not styling!

Good point.

My 'donor bike' is getting rebuilt next, Raleigh Apex, not at all my dream bike at all, its not even really my size, but its a great little thing and want to enjoy its potential. either single speed light and simplicity or enjoy the sc XT mech i got recently, and do 7spd?

then theres the old pashioned vertical dropout pre 90's 'Saracen'? ideal as a fixie/ss, again not my dream at all. :?

Also still got my early 2000's Santa Cruz Bullit but it can wait, no rush, almost lose interest till i see the chunky beast again.

What I really want next isn't reto, gonna rebuild (sell) my Dr Jekyll into a lighter Charge Blender cromo, or really feeling a Commencal Absolut 4x VIP. dribble! :cool:

scant":3vpdxb4h said:
cchris2lou":3vpdxb4h said:
I dont have a dream bike .

The Yeti and P21 are good enough for me and my budget ( thanks Mike ;) ) .

hows the P21 looking?
you know i've always thought a santa cruz nomad would suit you chris ;) :LOL:

still with frame builder , then I ll see about a full respray depending on how bad the wellding affected the paint .

I have all the parts ready , so wont be long after that .

Ibis

I want(read need) some ti in my life. I think I want an Ibis of some description but i'm still looking. The biggest problem/cost is going to be parts as all my current keepers are middle of the road and so i wouldn't feel happy swapping parts from them on to an expensive Ti frame. And so the search begins.......

I finished my aquafade Yo in the summer but then blew the colour matched mag21's in the peaks,waiting for a mates Judy SL's to get it back up and running,will post some pics when its done(and I get round to getting a new camera).
I currently have a '92 Klein Attitude winging its way to me and can feel an ultralight singlespeed build going on :D
These 2 and the Yeti ARC were my dream bikes as a youth and as I sold my Yeti to fund the Fat I guess my builds are my dream builds,cool :)

I dont have any plans to do another built as I finished my single speed project, '96 Kona Cindercone last week but if money was not an issue then my dream bike is to get a custom made Groovy, steel hardtail frame with rigid forks running the Rohloff speed hub in metallic lime green colour.

Just need a lotto win! :roll:

Next builds are the KHS in my sig, then an retro SS which is going through so many different looks and builds its still a mystery and trying to offload a ton of stuff to build a usable retroesque hardtail steel or Ti bike

Alpinestars ti-mega 92' would probably be the dream or another bike with a history because buying Adrian Timmis's Raleigh was just unbelievable, the miles i've covered just drifting away in a day dream about the bike i'm riding! So maybe Tim Davies alpinestars ti-mega is the bike i'm after!!! Please don't take offence Tim, that bike should always stay with you, maybe one day you'll treat us all to some pics of this glorious bike fully restored as nice as your Maico twinshock!

Back