Another Pitmedden meet up - Sunday 15th October

Well we managed 1 more hardy (or hairy) soul than last Pitmedden ride with OCP, Clubby and me having a grand day out.

OCP (as usual) fannying about in the carpark, realising 1-he had his last set of car keys after losing the other set and 2- that key having a deid battery. After at least what felt like an hours fannying about OCP remembered (well clubby telt him) that his car had one of those amazing inventions called a keyhole where miraculously you insert key and the car locks.

After much pisstaking the ebike hoor scampered up the hill in boost and left us 2 normally aspirated lads to meander up.

once out and about the trails were running surprisingly well after last weeks downpour.

We were all riding pretty well we thought. OCP only had one minor off, I hit a tree stump and was OTB before i knew what happened. OCP almost crashed as he was fixated on my rear end which disappeared over my heid..

we all rode the corner of doom at the end of loam lover, we devoured clubbys bag of revels in celebration. clubby then rode his nemesis drop after making sure he told us he didnt think he would ride it to take the pressure off.

we were all burst by the time we got to the carpark. luckily no more car dramas either!

thanks for the ride lads, one of these days we will manage a proper group ride so i dont have to put up with Clubbys shite banter on my own.

Last edited:
Aye, twas a guid day oot. The keys I couldn't find were in my jeans pocket, stupit auld diddie. Cognitive degeneration due to being auld, being 70 is a right basturt. Took "deid" battery out key, checked the voltage, stuck it back in and it now works OK:rolleyes:. Probably in the huff sitting on a shelf no getting used.

Riding with naturally gaspirated guys when I'm on an ebike is braw. Felt weird though being the guy in front on climbs, the Levo SL not being a full fat eeeebike gives me just enough assistance without it feeling like a motorbike. Was in Eco mode all day, nae boost needed.

See when ye get an ebike Keith, you'll have to put up with my pish banter;)...

I have, friend of my neighbours has electric mountainbike with 3 power settings. Least assist is called eco which is the setting he uses pretty much all of the time😎

velo is correct, my ebike, a 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo SL, has 3 power settings Eco, Trail and Boost. Each one can have it's own assist level set via a Specialized app on phone.
Think I've got Eco set to 35% which is fine.

Latest posts

Back