Another mystery frame.

dorset boy

Senior Retro Guru
It's from the 90s as was all the Shimano on it including a Dura Ace crankset :) . Seatpost was stuck and it was trashed getting it out and is 27.2 as hoped.Handlebar stem still stuck.On my spring scales the frame weighs 2.1 kg,no names on the drop outs and the chainstays seem chunkier than normal and Ice Blu was felt tipped on the forks which do not have a serial number.Any of you clever chaps recognise anything ? Thanks. DSC00924.JPG DSC00925.JPG DSC00926.JPG DSC00927.JPG DSC00929.JPG DSC00928.JPG

Only thought i have is Ice Blue being the colour ?

Frame number starting GD only thing i can suggest is Gerald Donovan ??

Strange eyelets on rear but not on forks

Quite a long frame number meaning a large manufacturer?

But then again Those laser straight stays look a bit like a lbs builder.
(Why try to bend them symmetrical if you can persuade your customer that a 25mm tyre is absurdly large anyway😉)
The short sloping drops didn't last long, and the exposed rear brake cable inner, shot in stays and bought-in unicorn fork all look a lot like 1990

I don't think the forks are original.
Is it a BSA b/bkt? Recessed rear brake fitting? What is the rear spacing? Some nice details like the seat lug and seat stay mitering. Chain stays are hefty as you say. Late 80s-early 90s I think.
Possibly far east built @non-fixie had posted some frame numbers for these.

@Guinessisgoodforyou the plot thickens ! The BB is Italian,the seat post pinch bolt is Sugino and the head tube lugs are marked FD AND G3 ? Cannot find any evidence of a previous paint colour so that is it's original paint Ice Blu written in English. The brakes are recessed and there is not much hope of getting a mudguard on despite there being eye's.
DSC00933.JPG DSC00934.JPG

Back