another master

as long as you're happy with it, enjoy!
The only thing about these later master is the paint can flake off, had a bit come off the head tube whilst cleaning grease/grime from head set, and luckily found it in one piece , so glued it back on

I will be happy if I can get it sorted
& know what you say about the paint
I think it is because they paint over the chrome ?

yes, there was chrome right underneath, apart from that it's pristine, and at least I put the flake back in one piece in the right spot, only has a hairline crack on the face
only really '90's Colnago's suffer this affliction, the earlier one's paint stand ages a lot better

rode today, and noticed rim wear on the braking surface, as they are anodized and not silver which is a pain,may change to silver in the long run, or use different brake pads!(and not ride in wet, which is a tad too restrictive imo)

That Mapei master looks great . Must get a Colnago Master or Tecnos some day . The problem I have is which one , as they all look good .
I'm torn between Mapei and Lampre mid '90s colours. Would this era of frame be prone to the paint problems experienced in these posts ?

Cheers ,

Mike

I'd say so, I saw this for sale in mapei/art decor decor at the weekend

Attachments

• 12802175204_1bfb4cdbaf_z.jpg
    12802175204_1bfb4cdbaf_z.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 338
Oh my!

You just don't see bikes like that turning up for sale locally over here. They are always on ebay, at a premium price.

I still keep looking though. :mrgreen:

vendor also had this c35, which i touched in all the right places

Attachments

• 12701043715_6c2a48da25_z.jpg
    12701043715_6c2a48da25_z.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 315
saarf":2o6b24d9 said:
vendor also had this c35, which i touched in all the right places
No, not my cup of tea I'm afraid.

Now, a C40 in Rabobank colours would be an entirely different matter.

Back