And today I did......

AAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH.....

PLEASE can you stop talking about hills and mountains and munros and riding and freedom and....

:( I so badly need a holiday....

Mr Panda":3ucfhw0d said:
Beinn Alligin or Beinn Liath Mhor & Sgorr Ruadh, or Slioch.

Beinn Damph is quite good if you're not after a Munro and I believe An Ruadh Stac is "interesting" :D

cheers fella!

Went out for a shakedown ride on the Delta V. Forks feel fine, 50mm travel is never going to feel plush but they certainly take out a lot of trail buzz. Back brake crap, needs taken to bits and start over. Thumb shifters need to go though. Indexing not working well on 8 speed block and when I went to adjust the angle, the threads sheared. Bugger. Had them 20 years and they've sat for the last 15, but still work and look great. Anyone got an M4 helicoil kit I can borrow?

looks good Jamie, and top tunes ;)

well after a few weeks lay off, managed a short road ride yesterday and quick hurl up and down the clyde on the karakoram today.... loving this dry weather, would it be too much to ask for a little heat :LOL: probably

Been out on my mtb for my work commute, first time since the ill fated lake district jaunt. A mtb can make a 3 mile commute such a hoot, helps to distract you from this horror of a cold snap !

just swapped over a rim ready for truing...

all 32 spokes, then realised the rims were different... the newer version of the rim has an ERD (diameter) 3 mm less than the older one.. does this mean shorter spokes??

any experts?

I'd run it through a spoke calculator, however this would mean measure both sizes of spoke that I started with but I just taped the rims together old stylee and never bothered taking the cassette and rotor off

gmac123":2adur9sr said:
just swapped over a rim ready for truing...

all 32 spokes, then realised the rims were different... the newer version of the rim has an ERD (diameter) 3 mm less than the older one.. does this mean shorter spokes??

any experts?

I'd run it through a spoke calculator, however this would mean measure both sizes of spoke that I started with but I just taped the rims together old stylee and never bothered taking the cassette and rotor off

Pass! Big Eck was yer man for wheel shenanigans! I can ask him to pop in if you like. Either that or get that fitba stud spanner oot and get up to Big Al's :)

kaiser":3hzih9ot said:
Either that or get that fitba stud spanner oot and get up to Big Al's :)

:LOL: :LOL: that's where I can do this thought came from.

sitting on the floor in milton on campsie, taping the rims together, transferring the spokes across, making tea, heating big Als beans on a camping stove, waiting on Al to finish someones proper wheels before tensioning mine up and charging peanuts... I'm sure the till was a shortbread tin :)

well worth the 40 mile road trip with a wheel attached to forks with a stud spanner and the bars with a toe clip strap

one of these days I'm going to get a jig and gie a go...

pedalpower with the wheel tomorrow, I'm going to have to confess... the wheels going to skye a week tomorrow, need it sorted quick smart

Latest posts

Back