And today I did......

Dunno if anodizing has moved on on fixing colours to be UAV resistant but red always suffers more to fading (position in spectrum :? ) Gold goes very well with black.
I picked up a pair of pro 2's on DT swiss xr4.2d for £80[not 4 sale], nice condition and still loud with the clicking,rims are nice too.Are you going 2nds on anything or is it new all the way?

I'll get a set of those bars if i can sell one of my spare brakes but im too skint otherwise.

Nice parts Kaiser, sounds like you're accumulating some great bargains. are you going to have the horsethief ready for your Italy trip?

Sounds a good deal dyna, got some pro2s and kinda feel strangely reassured by there clicking :D

So outcome of the spokes length debacle was 4mm shorter spokes, so it's ended up being an expensive rim to replace :roll:

Currently approaching a chewing the fat MENTAL style state of mind, whilst undertaking the simplistic of tasks.. I found the Max is crossmarks difficult to get off the 29er rim, need a use a tyre lever to get back on :oops:

Swapping over to a set of recently acquired ardents and they're f'ing impossible to get on, what am I missing?

gmac123":1edocjym said:
Nice parts Kaiser, sounds like you're accumulating some great bargains. are you going to have the horsethief ready for your Italy trip?
Italy trip :shock: OOO sounds fab Radek :D Italian blood in me from an Italian Great Grandfather ,though ive never been i'd like to some day
I look forward with interest to the piccies Rado :D

Sounds a good deal dyna, got some pro2s and kinda feel strangely reassured by there clicking :D
The sound of a quality freehub always comes through. :D I was at a project and met a chap who had sold me a set of wheels about 2 yrs ago,he said the sound of the freehub is so noticeable when its good stuff. He was drawn over by it :LOL:
The other pro 2 deal i got was a couple of months back where I picked up a pair on dt swiss EX5.1D. The silly boy had been pressure washing and had washed all the grease into the freehub where it choked up the pawls and springs causing them to stick. He must have thought the freehub knackered when all it needed was new springs to replace the broken ones and swopped out the pawls at the same time. The hubs were mint really though the rims have suffered somewhat from knocks and scrapes.
But for forty quid :D They do winters

Currently debating whether to pimp or not too pimp! I can buy a pair of Hope Hoops with black hubs for £307 or if I go to another shop I can get what I'm after for £347 only with gold hubs....cannae decide if the pimp os worth it or no.

g is it a folding bead you have? Have you tried getting the tyre thats on as deep into the centre of the rim as you can?

Yeah folding bead, been trying to push the side already on towards the centre of the rim as I go. Both tyre and rim are ust, although I'm using a tube. By making the valve the centre of the troublesome length, it seems to shorten the issue but still can't get it on using my hands.

I forced it with levers and punctured the tube. Between getting it on and off again, I've broken two cheapo plastic levers and buckled two park tyre levers. It's current resting beside a warm cook to see what a bit of heat will do.

I've struggled with folding road tyres before, but once on and used I found they then come off easily... nothing like this to.... big reservations about using the tyre now as don't want these issues on the trails...

Not tried the front which is different rim..

I'm off to paint a kitchen.... don't even ask...

Gmac aka the guns of naverone

PS pimp it :D

Holy f'k it's on..... a bit of heat made the difference,still had to coax it a little with a lever' but only a little

In all the excitement I've just destroyed my gourmet toast on cheese dinner..

Pedros make about the best tyre levers ive used and ive been through a few. Bad luck about the cheese on toast :( Is nothing salvageable ?

Rob, youve hit the nail on the head there :LOL: though im not one to talk with the Ti about to go very pimp or truly disgusting,dependent on your point of view.
Are you having any bits custom anodized Klaus ? im looking for a few bits to be made purple and if you want to split the costs to get some stuff done im up for it :D

Found this on a funny pic site with the title 'rednecks'

Attachments

• Rednecks.png
    Rednecks.png
    74 KB · Views: 98
Andy thats my living room :shock:
I used to have a carpet down but one day when I was doing a "doughnut"
the carpet got caught round the back wheel and went on fire :oops:
Then my insurers wouldn't pay out as they'd never had a claim made before
of that nature :?

Back