And today I did......

tried to revive the fat love , changed it to a 1x8 and fitted a campag mech , what a useless pos that is , xt to the rescue
changed the wheels for some ritchey/dx's and off we(me and the dog) went
hmmm its a lot better for that , but an oversight on the seat height ment if initially felt wrong on the climb up the hill ,but not that bad as kaiser pointed out ist a slow burner ,he's not wrong
a bit of a rattle around and its not bad ,needs higher bars , and maybe some front suss (anyone got a 1" steerer for mag 21's )

so a few more tweeks and it should be better
got some suntour XCSE cantis in the post the other day so might fit them front and rear , se's on the front ? might be a laugh

Think a wee bit of rise on all of these bikes work, the bullmoose bars have it and it feels high and wide to boot, glad you are coming over to the fat side mikee.

Always thought the Fat would suit a bit of front bounce - those nice green ano marzocchi xc-something with the tapered legs... mmm. Its a strange one, but the bullmoose bars seemed to suit the the Stumpy more.

erring toward the bullmoose bars seem to have the right feel
need to pull a set off a dale and try them
might do that tonight

Had a look at an old road frame i might be getting via bike station.Obviously you just can take/buy stuff it has to first be approved[2 minds about this system,but not here not today :?]
Its a coppi frame identical to this one[same style/colour]
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fausto-coppi- ... 460781113b

Size is 58.5cm and i think 22.5" C-C top tube and the only prob i see is the drive side crank threads are fubar so getting it off involves grinding away around the BB taper

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
well thanks to slim i have a 1" rs steerer for the fat ,so will try that when it arrives
managed to rip the pedal threads out the dx crank on it , i hate killing
cranks
so need to think what to replace it with ,another dx , a 730 , or some exotica cooks ,grafton ,middleburn,etc

dug a couple of karakoram frames out and the avalanche that i got from g-mac , this has many issues ,stripped cranks , stuck seatpost etc
it still rides beautifully , i feel i need to pull it to bits and sort all the faults
its gotta be worth it , but feared i just ruin it , meybe should just leave it alone and enjoy it

Fancy another Kara mikee? I've a full bike I pulled from the bike shed at work, the guy had rode it in and left it for a couple of years. I realise I ain't gonna do anything with it.

on top of the rest of today
i aquired a generalized rockard frame for wifey :roll:

so gonna build it tomorrow evening
stay tuned for this monstrosity

Back