And today I did......

This is more of a "Today I did not..."

Went to fit my virtually nos lx front mech to find I'd bought the wrong size. Doh!! Did just buy a nice looking xt instead but that lx wais flawless. Oh well.

Did manage to fit the top cap to my headshok. Could only get a lockout cap but a couple of m8 nuts glued together and some blu tack have it fitting and looking good. Bodgetastic.

today I went down to 2 retro bikes (and no hidden frames in the loft), feels pretty good to. Bet the Yo is bricking it :twisted:

What you got left G?

Today I got some new shoes :) DHB carbon ones from Wiggle. Definitely notice the difference when out of the saddle.

those DHB shoes are pretty good and not to dear (dont know about the carbon ones :? ) Love the ones I got more than a year ago and they are still going strong.

Just the two fats now, the wicked and the Yo, The aqua fade one in the for sale thread might just have saved the Yo from the chop, as I always said that I would respray with the old girl but the jury is still out. Wicked stays as it is pretty much perfect.

Will keep my eyes peeled for you and rado on sunday, look out for the miniclockwork and a fugly thin tyred KM hanging about the registration desk.

Only one modern TK, the do it all Karate Monkey its is my tool of choice for XC, touring and road. No bikes allowed in the house alas so just down to 3 complete bikes, kept thinking I would ride more the more bikes I had but might have even been the opposite.

I'm trying to work out what route to take for my next purchase, I want a modern do it all too, needs to have bosses for a rack and I want something not a lot of folk have.

Shand reckon I might be a little short for the 29er route ( or at least their design ) as I want front sus, but I'd need to discuss it further with them. Would be bespoke custom from them.

For a little more I could buy a complete Breezer in the Evans sale or I could build the transistion trans am I wanted but that isn't equipped for fitting touring gear, and might be more bike than I need nowadays.

Not seen a modern Xizang anywhere I could visit and ride but I would prefer a US or British built frame, sad I know.

It's a lot harder than I thought, not a lot of moderns inspiring me at the moment.

Try a 2nd hand 16" On-One Inbred 29er?

Cheap experiment - if it works for you, then you know what geometry you're looking for and it'd give you a pretty good starting point if you're thinking of going down the custom frame route. Either way, resell a few months later for pretty much the same price you paid for it, or re-use some of the parts on your new 29er, etc...

And it's got rack mounts!

Tazio":ecovz3dv said:
Wasn't there a case in California recently where a guy allegedly killed himself chasing a Strava time?
going to sleep has a high rate of death, not going to sleep will probably kill you

blame culture will be the death of us all

Back