And today I did......

Re:

Got my entry in for SSUK 2021 today, let's hope things have improved enough by September that it can go ahead!

Re:

Some inspiration for you flat earthers and your wooden bikes ;) i saw posted on a Facebook cycling group.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210203-075754_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210203-075754_Facebook.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 278
Re:

Very cool if cruisers are your thing :cool:

This wood bike frame building thing is endlessly fascinating. Latest challenge I am needing to think about is torsional stiffness. As its a single speed it needs stiffness at the BB and rear triangle to get efficient power down without being bone jarring uncomfortable. Also the front end needs stiffness so it steers with reasonable precision. I have a joke expression I use to describe a bad handling bike "steers like a fish on stilts", which is what I must avoid :LOL:
Good thing I have until September to sort all the issues, such fun :D

Re:

Finally had a brain fart and remembered where I put the original cleat bolts for my Dura Ace pedals. Had been through every nut and bolt in the tool chest and spares box in the garage, only to remember there were the riding spares tub in the utility room. Only been searching for 3 days. :facepalm:

At least I can get the bloody things up for sale now.

Today there's loads of snow and I'm cursing.

Not the snow. I've broken myself again.

Been training my grand-daughter for her military fitness test, taking her for long runs around the 'Puffer up the hills in the snow and ice. This is the second time I've done it. First time pulled a muscle or something in my leg. This time slipping on ice, my studs caught and my ankle got to an interesting looking angle.

One bonus, if anyone needs extras for a Zombie movie, I have mastered the lurching walk.

One negative, I don't think I'll be able to don a wig and padded bra, and do the military fitness test for my grand daughter now.

Re:

Maybe it’s a sign, a higher power telling you to stick to 2 wheels instead of 2 feet.

Or maybe you should put some wheels on your feet? Tried roller skates?? :LOL:

Re:

I told you mate, that running stuff will kill you, you should use your legs for what god intended, pedalling. Lots of snow up here this morning and at lunch when I came out the PM room it was -7.
Stay safe dudes, and Brian there are lots of other opportunities to wear a wig and bra.

Jamie

Back