• sei_9672786-e1525004686665.jpg
    sei_9672786-e1525004686665.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 663
  • Death-Kiss-Movie_21_31_15.Still049-700x500.jpg
    Death-Kiss-Movie_21_31_15.Still049-700x500.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 663
clubby":1k1bci6w said:
dyna-ti":1k1bci6w said:
Current build giving a little grief. BB area, not as free moving despite all being new and the threads freshly recut :? X9 cranks fitted and moved fine, the rotor crank isnt so free moving, wont swing under its own weight :? very odd.

What kind of BB are you using?
If you are using a Sram GXP bb then other brands of cranks won’t work, as the non drive side bearing is smaller. Rotor cranks need Shimano style bb for 24mm axles.

Shimano saint m800. I've lots of hope gold bits on it, and the saint bb is gold and only £16 new, with the gold hope, if you can find one is 70. No brainer there.
Once it's complete I've arranged for the local mechanic to run the pro eye over it, im sure its minor though, and maybe down to spacing or something :?

Which Bronson though?
Nothing carbon hopefully. It's not holding its price, and i think many are still afraid of it.
Though all these new carbon affairs is pushing the cost of the alloy version down a bit.

But I thought you were all going gravel :?

And today I started building a bike for Sunday's Vintage Gravel/Rough Stuff ride.

Appropriately a Dawes Windrush, one of the first rough stuff specific bikes. It'll be a right mongrel though with bits from 3 or 4 different decades.

Re:

Actually a sunny day here so went out to test the tubeless road set up. Unfortunately I put too small a spacer behind the 10 speed cassette so it was moving slightly on the 11 speed hub. Had to turn back and swap it over before heading out again for another short tester loop.
Tyres felt good, but need to fiddle with pressures. Put in my usual but reckon I can go a bit softer without it feeling mushy. Bike definitely felt more lively. Probably a combination of new wheels and more supple tyres. Impressed so far, but time will tell.

clubby":3v6vh37y said:
boxxer":3v6vh37y said:
Now I just need to convince myself I dont need a Bronson....

Of course you don’t.
What you need is a Megatower :)

Ffs I only got into 27.5 a couple years ago - dunno if I can jump to 29...

Will be an alloy Bronson which I’ll transfer all the Cube parts and scrap the frame or hang it on the wall....

Re:

I think I've stumbled across a comfy ride again at long last :facepalm:
A recently built long travel burley hard tail although heavy is a joy to ride.
Steel is real....

boxxer":pve2x0i8 said:
Will be an alloy Bronson which I’ll transfer all the Cube parts and scrap the frame or hang it on the wall....

Keep your eyes peeled for BA702174060, my 2017 alloy Bronner, on your search chief, stolen in Edinburgh, late last year.

Already found it once, as a frame for sale on Pinkbike. Gave it to the Police, who got their I.T. to trace the seller and went through the door. Got 11 high end bikes back off the scum, but my frame was no longer there. So its still out there somewhere.

Cheers buddy.

Mike

Back