And today I did......

Re:

The one in Perth is in the industrial estate under the Friarton Bridge.
Compared to the Edinburgh Bikestation, I didn't think it was up to much, smaller with more crap.
Get the feeling with the Bikestation that frequent visits are required to get bargains as it obviously changes week to week, day to day.

Re:

Two f-ing hours messing with the infernal cable routing on the Merida in preparation for new SRAM brakes coming. Fed up of ShiTmano brakes. Front been faultless, if a little underpowered for my build, but rear gone for the second time in 9 months. Only had the warranty replacement back a couple of months and same symptoms again.
Unfortunately shifter was one of the I-spec mounts and unlike SRAM stuff you can't swap the clamp, so new shifter time as well. Luckily already pre-sold the old one on Singletrack.
I know some people love Shimano brakes, but I'll be so glad to see the back of mine.

Anyone looking for a cheap front 180mm set up let me know :) and I do mean cheap :LOL:

Re: Re:

clubby":1xm7f4qz said:
Two f-ing hours messing with the infernal cable routing on the Merida in preparation for new SRAM brakes coming. Fed up of ShiTmano brakes. Front been faultless, if a little underpowered for my build, but rear gone for the second time in 9 months. Only had the warranty replacement back a couple of months and same symptoms again.
Unfortunately shifter was one of the I-spec mounts and unlike SRAM stuff you can't swap the clamp, so new shifter time as well. Luckily already pre-sold the old one on Singletrack.
I know some people love Shimano brakes, but I'll be so glad to see the back of mine.

Anyone looking for a cheap front 180mm set up let me know :) and I do mean cheap :LOL:
Yes please. I can send you all my avid bits if you want?

Re:

RobMac":2t77rk4p said:
clubby":2t77rk4p said:

What's the length & model?

Might have know Steptoe would turn up when I typed the word cheap.
Caliper is Acera level (M447???) but need to check code and hose length. Lever is better but not sure which. Hinged clamp and takes I Spec shifter if that matters to you. 180mm rotor with all bolts and mounts. 2 month old Uberbike race pads and also part worn original pads.
Too much hassle to post but £15 the lot, at a meet.

I am waaaaaaaaay down south. You don't fancy all my lovely avid brakes, front and rear. Probably four inc hoses and calipers. Happy to post. If not I'm sure rob will be along in a minute.

And your camelback is still doing streaking service I might add.

You posted that. :p

Re: Re:

RobMac":3osno0ck said:
OK I'll take on yer problems :mrgreen:

It's ok this one works, especially at all the speed you'll be going.
Took great pleasure in launching the rear one into the bin!

Shimano brakes have mineral oil which is non corrosive, unlike those crappy other ones with the dot fluid in them...........

Back