And today I did......

Re:

A little knowledge is a frightening thing :shock:

Went into Edinburghs Bike Station, the bike recycling mecca for folks like me to rake about the parts bins.

Opened the drawer marked "Thumbshifters" and there sat a pair of Suntour Command Shifters, early attempts at ergonomic shifters for drop bars. I'll have those I say to myself and proceed to the till to buy them.

Once I'd paid the quoted £3 for the pair I fessed up to the guy behind the till what they were and what they are worth........................OOODLES !!!!

There is a pair identical to mine on ebay USA for over £217 though admittedly they are still boxed with cables which mine are not.

RESULT :LOL:

Re:

I reckon it's reasonably safe to ignore those prices on eBay, some optimistic/greedy Barstewards out there if you ask me :LOL:
Been ages since I've been in the Bikestation but the last time I was they had a nice 89/90 Kona Cindercone frameset hanging on the wall for not much money I seem to remember. I gave them a 531 Peugeot frameset and some Tricolour Ultegra bits at the same time so hopefully someone got them for an equally small amount and appreciated what they got like you Velo. Got a box of bits which may be heading that way too if I can't get them sold on here (getting round to actually posting a sale thread would help mind :facepalm: ).

Need to learn not to fess up when excitement takes over :LOL: I spotted a nice conditioned pair of project 2's with a good sized steerer for a fiver. Guy at the desk obviously knew they were good forks so I said if I were pricing them it would be £2.50 while laughing. Just a fork :roll:

Nice find indeed :cool: and did you rush home and give them a good clean :LOL: I know I'm like that

Re:

Never been to a Bikestation - get the impression it could be a dangerous experience. Think there's one in Perth?

Latest posts

Back