And today I did......

Re:

Parts bin special idea has been tried but as per usual many folk on here have parts in their bins that are very high end. Result is another chance to show off who has or had the fattest wallet. I always lose. :roll:

My idea of a parts bin special is the bike built up from mismatched junk that if not put on a bike would be recycled for scrap. :LOL:

Re: Re:

velomaniac":3t8592g0 said:
Parts bin special idea has been tried but as per usual many folk on here have parts in their bins that are very high end. Result is another chance to show off who has or had the fattest wallet. I always lose. :roll:
Ehh I seem to remember there was one person that ended that parts bin build dead and it was nothing to do with people "showing off their wallets" ( I'm assuming that was a subtle dig at me as the original issue was because of my build). What people choose to spend their money on is their business and not for anyone else to comment on.

Mismatched junk..... now you're talking my language :LOL:

See I avoided a gratuitous pic of frank just then.

jimo746":2ejsuwl4 said:
We should do a parts bin special ride sometime.
I did an SSUK once with a bike I named the Penance X-Attic.

I built it with all the mistakes I'd bought over the years and had accumulated in the attic.

Right down to a pair of green Michelin tyres, which although brand-new had been hardening in the Queensland sun for several years, and they didn't have much grip to start with.

Oh, and belt drive on a magic ratio.

I may have to drag it out again to compete with Velo. :)

After SSUK, I was so impressed by its performance I renamed it the Penance Sisyphus....

RobMac":28kpv6d7 said:
I cant speak for you Stephen but I'll bet I'm on the lowest income in our section.

Income is irrelevant, once you factor in the taxman and the Mrs we're all pretty much the same level of skintness :LOL:

Velo, my idea of a parts bin special is a selection of random used and abused mismatched parts that somehow , by luck more than judgement, resemble a bicycle. (A bit like one of THM's builds :LOL: ;) ).
Bonus points for the most "beater" looking bike, and for ingenious use of a component of non-bicycle origin.

When you see some folk say "just picked this up to use as a "pub bike"".... and it's better/higher end than any of the bikes that you own/have owned :facepalm:

I do do 'proper' too you know. I just like the idea of colour, light and joy. It still has to ride.

Back