And today I did......

Re:

Built yet another single speed mtb. No I do not need another single speed but yes I'm too lazy to fight with the tuning of gears :oops: :roll:

This one is a nice proper bodge built of various battered parts. It may be the Euro champs steed :D

Re: Re:

velomaniac":3i3urq9t said:
Built yet another single speed mtb. No I do not need another single speed but yes I'm too lazy to fight with the tuning of gears :oops: :roll:

This one is a nice proper bodge built of various battered parts. It may be the Euro champs steed :D
C'mon, pics.

I'm toying with something Grundleigh...

We need to know what standards we have to meet to be allowed to mingle with you. :)

Re:

You need to know what standards............WHAT STANDARDS !!!!!!!

I have no standards, my bikes are bashed, chipped with mismatched components. The left crank is often different than the right, the front wheel differs from the rear etc etc

You have no fear of standards to reach with me :facepalm:

As long as it's not a different length :) Then that's OK I suppose.
I imagine something like a XT black arm on one side and a sleek 80's Dura Ace 7400 on the other :)

Jamie

Re:

Jamie, your imagination has expensive tastes. This bike has a dulled SR crank on one side and a dulled shimano crank on the other, both 175mm but neither high end. Left pedal is a bashed metal cage job and right is a black nylon thing. Rear wheel is a screw on freewheel solid axle job with 36 galvanised spokes, front is quick release but is on its second no name make single walled alloy rim. Front tyre by WTB, rear tyre by Schwalbe. Frame is Grisley Orion with seriuously over size alloy tubes. Forks are spesh direct drive off an old rockhopper. This is a parts bin special and its still evolving :D

Re:

Sounds like you're having fun with it Velo. Hope you make it to a couple of rides this year.

Re:

MacRetro rides are not planned far enough in advance for me to shoehorn them into my busy calendar. Both SSUK17 and SSEC17 plus Mountain Mayhem 17 were booked months in advance so I will be present at these events. Too much I want to do :facepalm:

Re: Re:

velomaniac":3ks29qhf said:
Jamie, your imagination has expensive tastes. This bike has a dulled SR crank on one side and a dulled shimano crank on the other, both 175mm but neither high end. Left pedal is a bashed metal cage job and right is a black nylon thing. Rear wheel is a screw on freewheel solid axle job with 36 galvanised spokes, front is quick release but is on its second no name make single walled alloy rim. Front tyre by WTB, rear tyre by Schwalbe. Frame is Grisley Orion with seriuously over size alloy tubes. Forks are spesh direct drive off an old rockhopper. This is a parts bin special and its still evolving :D

Damn, that's going to hard even for me to beat.

Goes away to check with Uncle Frank Enstein...

Back