And today I did......

kaiser":31ty97qx said:
Its possible we'll be hiring a campervan anaw. There were 4 off us and I know 2 off us have definetly got in, will need to check with the other 2. ZZ you still offering to be the pit bitch?
Aye aye cap'n, still in.

The Ken":2rmodf4z said:
I'll see if I can get a pass to come and support you

Excellent! We will probably need a fully equipped workshop/bag, a river fording rope and your snoring to keep us awake :p

20 miles and 1500 feet of elevation gain on the single speed

1.jpg

2.jpg

47p2":1f2icg0f said:
20 miles and 1500 feet of elevation gain on the single speed

Were you walking :LOL:

Seriously, im off SS as it really buggered my knees :? well,left knee that is. It puts a lot of strain on them :?
That said, i dont have a lot of muscle there :LOL:

On the Strathpuffer entry list the guy below Brian 'Epicyclo' McLeod is DaveDH's brother Stuart McBean. Better keep an eye on him as unlike his brother he hasn't any mtb experience at all untill the last couple of months. In his favour he is a superfit airport fireman but can fitness make up for a skill deficit on one of the toughest mtb races in the world, only time will tell :shock:

Well the single speed has been getting well used this week and so far I have clocked up 80 miles on it, my target is 100 so if I can manage to get out tomorrow I will have bagged it. On Wednesday (see above) I went to go over the Eaglesham Moor but ran short on time. it was getting dark early, the weather was getting rather damp and I had no lights, so I turned around at Ballageigh (highest point in Renfrewshire) and headed back via Bonnyton giving me 20 miles and 1500 feet of elevation.

Today I set out early, it was cold 3 °C the roads were wet but at least there was no rain and the forecast was dry until midday. Again I went up to over the moors past Ballageigh and this time managed over the top and out onto the A77 and back in via Newton Mearns. About 8 miles from home the rain started and by the time I was almost home the roads were flooding, a known section of road that always floods was indeed about a foot deep and as I went through it an ar5ehole coming from the opposite direction decided it would be good to sink the boot in an attempt to soak me. Sadly for him he missed me and managed to hydrolock his engine :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

Back