And so it begins......DeKerf content...COMPLETE

Re: And so it begins......DeKerf content...UPDATE

minor_LEGEND":ff78mlq3 said:
Plans sound really good, Judy in white would set it off.
Are you restoring the finish or the patina route?

Will probably just build it up as is and hopefully down the road get it redone at DeKerf.
What is the 'patina' route? Sorry for the dumb question...

Re: And so it begins......DeKerf content

patina route, as in leave it as it with all the current wear and tear on the paint finish. with perhaps some touch up paint on areas showing metal to avoid rust and/or corrosion.

Re: And so it begins......DeKerf content....Update

Well, it's been a while, and here she is up to this point.
Tried to find an 'era specific' fork, but it proved to be difficult when needing 8" of steerer tube. Had come close and then a friend at work told me he had an old RS Duke that I could grab from him....good for now.

Syncros stem and post.
King headset
XT front/XTR rear
RF Turbine LP's....thanks vintageman....and for the touch up spraybomb
LX wheels
XT V's
Avid levers
X-ray shifters (hope they still work )

Noticed a replaceable der hanger attached, and after lurking around I don't think AMP ever had that option, so it was done by a previous owner. Hopefully it 'hangs" in there.

Still need to refresh the rearend hardware.
Any comments welcome!
Cheers!

Attachments

• dkfullside.jpg
    dkfullside.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 429
  • dkfull1.jpg
    dkfull1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 429
  • dkfullrear.jpg
    dkfullrear.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 428
  • dropout1.jpg
    dropout1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 428
  • dropout2.jpg
    dropout2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 429
Re: And so it begins......DeKerf content...Update

Looking good just needs a few touch ups on some parts. If you need aything let me know I have a few spare parts in the bin I might be willing to part with. I think I have a full shimano lx drive trian if you need one.

Just picked up another rear end the other night. Polished it up and installed today.....I like the look.
Still not happy with the fork choice, but I just picked up a long Marzocchi steerer tube that I can press into a donor fork...hopefully an 80mm Z2 of some description. Just realized a polished Z2 would be perfect.....so the hunt begins...

Also going to have to rethink my stem. Bought it as described in the ad as a 130mm.....after closer inspection (thanks Owen) discovered it's at least 140mm :? Was just so happy to get one with intact decals I just slapped it on without thinking about it. Oh well.

Anyway, here's her sexy new rear end... ;)

Mike

Attachments

• dkpol1.jpg
    dkpol1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 379
  • dkpol2.jpg
    dkpol2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 379
  • dkpol3.jpg
    dkpol3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 379

Sweet, and rad that you managed to find another rear triangle!

If it's any use to you, I have a 120mm Syncros stem that I might be up for trading for something (not a longer stem though!!). I'd possibly want to keep the top cap though. If you think you might be heading into Vancouver and you are interested, feel free to PM me. I don't really want to ship / take cash for it. This is the stem:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=195153&start=20

Looks awesome Mike! I'm stoked the back end fitted.

Looking good that back end looks mint. I can't wait to see this finished :D

Here she is...

Found a same colour Mag 21 SlTi that HAD to go on it. Thanks Nigel for the fork, bb, and bar! Needed a fork brace, but found one, blasted it and resprayed it with a can-o-magic from vintageman....thanks!!
Added Syncros flatbar and clear Gripship grips are on the way.
Pretty close to catalogue except for the brakes (don't have any cantis) or Ti bar/stem combo....very hard to find one of those.
Going to keep it patina'd for the time being. Waiting to hear back from Chris about a respray of the front triangle, but am afraid he might not have enough old school decals left to put back on.....gotta have those IMHO.
Still putzing around with the front der......'walk away....have a beer.....return.....its all good.'

Anyway, I definitely have the retro fever now, and have a couple other projects on the go, and the hopes of finding a 19-20.5" Brodie/Gatorblade....ahem....Roy ....Jim...:LOL:

It's definitely a "10 foot bike".....looks great from a distance but shows her age up close. I'm more than happy to live with it like that for now though.

Anyway, here she is:

And a tease of what's to come.....sorry, it's a '98

Cheers!!

Attachments

• dkcomside.jpg
    dkcomside.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 281
  • dkcomfront.jpg
    dkcomfront.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 281
  • dkcomsyncros.jpg
    dkcomsyncros.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 281
  • dkcomrear.jpg
    dkcomrear.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 281
  • genside.jpg
    genside.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 281
Score on the fork! Did you do any shock maintenance on the rear end? Also if you have an extra amp brace kicking around let me know. I need one for my edge!

Back