An '87 Brodie Romax - recent find, something odd though..

Re: Re:

shutter":1tid4nvs said:
shutter":1tid4nvs said:
Nice! I would get the Tig weld fillet brazed over... They you will never know...

Check with Paul... he will likely remember something this unique if it's original...

If he did it like this as a custom order it would be a good idea to leave it as it...

If it's a repair not done by him and it bothers you then there is nothing wrong with fillet brazing over it...

I disagree with this last statement. Not that the OP needs any more help deciding to leave it be, but you would be dumping heat and adding distortion to the headtube and possibly frame alignment for nothing but aesthetics, the weld looks like a good one, to add heat to a steel frame for no good reason is not a wise choice, fillet brazing is very hot and very hard to do well.

cyclotoine":3p7oynvx said:
shutter":3p7oynvx said:
shutter":3p7oynvx said:
Nice! I would get the Tig weld fillet brazed over... They you will never know...

Check with Paul... he will likely remember something this unique if it's original...

If he did it like this as a custom order it would be a good idea to leave it as it...

If it's a repair not done by him and it bothers you then there is nothing wrong with fillet brazing over it...

I disagree with this last statement. Not that the OP needs any more help deciding to leave it be, but you would be dumping heat and adding distortion to the headtube and possibly frame alignment for nothing but aesthetics, the weld looks like a good one, to add heat to a steel frame for no good reason is not a wise choice, fillet brazing is very hot and very hard to do well.

You are right... I made a bad call there... :? :cool:

Retro_Roy":38dlhvf8 said:
has this frame been repainted. once again, possibly. but it is a stunning Toadish green.

Yes, it could have been painted at the same time with Toads.

Back