Overbury’s Pioneer 88-90? Interested?

Re:

I will have a full measure up on Monday, the bike is at work.
The headset is 1” I believe, although I will double check in case it is 1 1/8”
The saddle is set for me at 6’ tall and long legs, I ride a size large in my mountain bikes and either 56cm or 58cm road/cx depending on reach, design and my back...

Thanks for info...visually looks very similar to my friends, which I find a bit short in the reach, but kinda fits. I suspect 1 inch headset too.
Crazy paint job, I was wondering if the blobs were an attempt to draw Mint Sauce style flowers!!? Who knows?!

Nice.

I think any value lies in the frame and fork, i should imagine most will strip it straight away and put some period kit on it.

Re:

I have Columbus one of these which I built a while ago, I own and have owned a few steel rides and the Overbury's Pioneer is an absolute dream to ride. Maybe one of the best I have ridden in my multiple years!

Re:

Hi Ed74
I got your pm but there is no apparent way of replying to it, I think maybe I am too new on here!?

To answer your question and for anyone else reading, yes I guess can post the bike, I haven’t really thought about the logistics of it yet. For what it’s worth, I am still working so am able to deliver (adhering to sensible distancing etc) somewhere reasonably close to work or home as I am driving every day. I am near St Albans and work near Watford but much beyond a 20 mile radius of either might be hard to justify under the current travel restrictions. I am COVID tested each week at work as I am working on a film, not sure whether this helps Ed? Where are you based? I could box it up for a courier but have no idea what the cost might be?

Hi mk one, I get that most of the parts will be incidental to most buyers but I need to create space in my bike shed so don’t really want to hang on to more old parts.

Thanks for all the interest

Re: Re:

Darcus":3808m47q said:
I have Columbus one of these which I built a while ago, I own and have owned a few steel rides and the Overbury's Pioneer is an absolute dream to ride. Maybe one of the best I have ridden in my multiple years!

It is lovely to ride even just cruising around the studio in one gear! I can imagine with a wider bar (heresy I know!) and some decent gears it would make a really comfortable and versatile ride!

Re:

No problem, I am in Dorset but also travel for work so I could collect when I am over your way next (no idea when that would be). As I am second in line, will have to see what happens!

Re: frame dimensions

Morning
Frame dimensions are:-
Seat tube
centre to centre 16” 408mm
Centre to top 18 1/2” 470mm

Top tube
Centre to centre 21 3/8” 545mm
Front centre 16 1/6” 420mm

Head tube
4 15/16” 126mm
1” headset

Wheelbase 42 3/8” 1077mm

Seat tube angle 74’
Head tube angle 72’

Bottom bracket drop 17mm
Bottom bracket height 12 3/8” 313mm (with the road tyres fitted)

Back