Am I the only male in the UK who

Re:

I get all of the points above, and I know that I SHOULD like him for those reasons, but I actually had to turn the radio off the other morning when he was on there.
There's something in his voice I think :?

Re:

My wife thinks a lot of him too. I get the thing about his mannerisms, sometimes a little too into what he is saying, but it is enthusiasm you rarely see in more seasoned or 'professional' presenters. He really does come over as someone genuine and actually pretty down to earth. I doubt we will see him on Big Brother or I'm A Celebrity any time soon.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":3tv9bo1x said:
My wife thinks a lot of him too. I get the thing about his mannerisms, sometimes a little too into what he is saying, but it is enthusiasm you rarely see in more seasoned or 'professional' presenters. He really does come over as someone genuine and actually pretty down to earth. I doubt we will see him on Big Brother or I'm A Celebrity any time soon.

What he said ^

I think he's great, down to earth and I like his humble nature. Rarely do you see that from people on tv
On one or two of his Speed programmes, he actually came across as a bit shy too.
I'd buy him a pint

Mike

Re:

I like Guy Martin,he`s kept the naiive 12year old kid "anything`s possible"attitude alive inside him.Bear Grylls on the other hand,what a serious knobend....

I would love to see Bear Grylls receiving that opinion in person.

He is the real deal, just like Martin. Ray Mears, on the other hand, is a lardy soft git who has a catering van just outside shot at every location he sets up.
"Make sure my triple decker cheeseburger and fries is ready as soon as the director cuts in future, or you won't work again!"

I dont know,I find Grylls an insufferable knobend.I got really hooked on the Guy Martin series and missed one or two of them including the bike challenge,must try and dig them up.

I think Guy gets on people's nerves due to his enthusiasm and also manner of speaking. I personally think that he's brilliant, due to his up-front attitude and he speaks what he thinks.

I prefer Mears over Grylls to be honest, I like that he is upfront and that his show isn't as "macho". I met Grylls back in 2012 and he seems like a nice bloke but his show doesn't reveal his true character. For pure adventure Andy Kirkpatrick blows them both out the water, funniest bloke around.

highlandsflyer":1v6z7t4g said:
I would love to see Bear Grylls receiving that opinion in person.

He is the real deal, just like Martin. Ray Mears, on the other hand, is a lardy soft git who has a catering van just outside shot at every location he sets up.
"Make sure my triple decker cheeseburger and fries is ready as soon as the director cuts in future, or you won't work again!"

OMG! :shock:

This is getting scary! I am finding myself in agreement with you more and more.

If you want to know about real knobheads, what about that one who was left on an island to fend for himself? Can't remember his name now, and I couldn't watch much through the tears of hysterics. Programme called Abandoned maybe?

Mike

Back