am i being robbed?

First Flight shipped my Mantis frame for $100, but this was a couple of years ago.

You really need to find out

a) How much the package weighs
b) What service he is using

Should then be easy enough to find out if he's ripping you off. Sure an insured service could easily cost US$300.

Either way it's quite cheeky.

John":1x8o2lhi said:

Should then be easy enough to find out if he's ripping you off. Sure an insured service could easily cost US$300.

yeah good call, i have emailed him with my thoughts and to see if we could share the cost if its going to be so expensive - :roll:

bkt":1i2zyx9w said:
John":1i2zyx9w said:

yeah good call, i have emailed him with my thoughts and to see if we could share the cost if its going to be so expensive - :roll:

You could always suggest a cheaper service if you're haoy to accept risk for loss etc.

It costs $50 to $60 to ship a hardtail frame from New York to Los Angeles. FedEx to you should not be more than twice that I would imagine.

I am in California, and would be willing to resend it to you you once you have a plan.

Terry - Los Angeles, Ca.

with USPS, they charge a hefty premium for insurance and a tracking number. For a small item I sent overseas, that fit in their standard small box, it was $6 but with a tracking number & insurance, it jumped to $29. Best to agree on the shipping service, tracking number or not, & insurance and go from there.

Back