Am I becoming obsessed or is this a 'faulty' item?

Wow, this thread has taken a number of directions that I couldn't have anticipated.

Anyway, whilst my retailer, wiggle, steadfastly denies that there is a problem I did get a message back from Zipp, who have said it is a warranty issue and my retailer needs to replace it. Stuff that up your wiggle. They really have been wretched on this occasion, whilst Zipp have been great.

Thanks all for your views.

Rich

So are wiggle going to give you a replacement now Zipp has confirmed so?

Re:

I hope so. I forwarded the email from Zipp onto them.
If they don't then I suspect Zipp will honour the warranty through their importer.

Re: Re:

torqueless":2kf807us said:
'Dead Centre' exists in an inaccessible world of ideal forms- but then it's easy for me to torque- my bars and stem are in a long term Platonic relationship...

"I'm Pink ....therefore I Spam"

Sounds like it will be sorted then! Good stuff!

You don't have anything else a bit wonky or asymmetrical to post up do you?

QR skewers not aligned to the frame tubes or in perfect aero position, logo of handlebar end plugs
not quite aligned, odd presta valve cap colours, plastic spoke protector and so fourth?

I'm sure I speak for a few here, but I'm spitting feathers!

Woz":27tpaqfa said:
This makes me think of how annoyed you were with my rear wheel and v-brakes not being aligned to your requirements on our last ride. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Explains few things...

26er":2grl6jem said:
Woz":2grl6jem said:
This makes me think of how annoyed you were with my rear wheel and v-brakes not being aligned to your requirements on our last ride. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Explains few things...

Now you see, just the harrowing flashbacks of that as made me reach for the corkscrew. Time does not heal such things.

You better get some serious wrenching sessions in the dungeon to sort that out before the weekend :p

Re:

Now look what you've started!

DSC03105.jpg

I think they may be just outside warranty :D

Where's the corkscrew!

Woz":2uxq9hla said:
26er":2uxq9hla said:
Woz":2uxq9hla said:

Explains few things...

Now you see, just the harrowing flashbacks of that as made me reach for the corkscrew. Time does not heal such things.

You better get some serious wrenching sessions in the dungeon to sort that out before the weekend :p

Right. Just cut half of the spokes on NDS side. Now waiting for it to dish itself into alignment...

Re: Re:

Excel":1s8m7078 said:
torqueless":1s8m7078 said:
'Dead Centre' exists in an inaccessible world of ideal forms- but then it's easy for me to torque- my bars and stem are in a long term Platonic relationship...

"I'm Pink ....therefore I Spam"

Don't encourage me, Excel.. I've failed to resist the temptation to indulge in smiley-free stream-of-consciousness wordplay in this thread once already, and "Pork Luncheon Meat" is such a mouthful..

Back