For Sale NOS Titanium Square Taper 103mm Bottom Brackets - $40 CAD

DeeEight

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
** $40 FIRM per bottom bracket, buyer pays all shipping and paypal/interact e-transfer payment only if not local to me (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) **

- All are new old stock
- Russian made (Boris Yeltsin era post USSR collapse) from aerospace grade titanium alloy (I believe its 5Al/2Mn which falls between US Grades Ti 3Al/2.5V and 6Al/4V for strength) and the entire set (spindle, cups and lockrings) are made from titanium.
- 36mm x 24 TPI cups for 70mm width italian bottom bracket shells or 1.37" x 24 TPI cups for 68mm width English bottom bracket shells
- adjustable cups and lockrings let you move the chainline slightly left or right
- JIS Square taper 103mm length hollow asymmetrical spindle (same as shimano), the drive side is slightly longer than the non-drive side for Dura Ace FC-7410 8 speed low profile cranksets (1993 and later) and could probably work to single ring convert 2x cranks which called for a 107mm spindle length
- requires two type 6903-2RS cartridge bearings (not included), but available from any good bearing store or even on ebay to whatever grade/quality/price you desire (I have a limited quantity available for extra...see options below)
- weights of axle, cups and lockrings combined are 139 grams for 103 italian or 129 grams for 103 english
- requires standard 8mm x 1mm thread crank bolts (also not included)
- recommended that you use a copper-based anti-seize or a good high quality grease on the cup threads, and loctite 620 bearing retaining compound on the inside of the cups and outside of spindle when installing the bearings and into the frame to prevent creaks.
- I have a total of 11 103mm spindles available and can supply whichever cup set (BSA or Italian) you need with it
- Optional extras
- Ti 14mm hex head crank bolts with Ti washers $20/pair and I have four pairs available.
- Enduro brand Bearings 6903-2RS LLB C-3 cartridge bearings $25/pair and I have three pairs available.
- Extra set of cups and lockrings (either english or italian) $20

Attachments

• tibb103.JPG
    tibb103.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 30
  • tibbend.JPG
    tibbend.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 27
  • tibbitacup.JPG
    tibbitacup.JPG
    328.9 KB · Views: 29
  • ticrankbolts.JPG