*All Sold* Hope brakes - Mono M4, Enduro & Mini

ajantom

Retrobike Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
3 sets of Hope brakes of varying ages. I've tried to describe them as fairly as possible, but they may need servicing/bleeding as they've been sat in the spares box for a while.
I have a box full of discs that would fit these sets, if you need discs ask and I can see what I've got.

Set 1 - Hope Mono M4 brakes (2005 or 2006)
Front - standard hose, 680mm long, No.3 caliper (fits a 180mm disc on the front)
Rear - braided hose, 1260mm long, No.8 caliper (fits a 180mm disc on the rear)

The pistons seem to move fine on both calipers. The pads are about 50% worn. The rear caliper has a stripped bolt thread and is helicoiled, there is also a crack at the rear of the hole (maybe caused when the helicoil was fitted?) Anyway, it was like this when I bought them, and has never been a problem.
Some scuffs from use, but no leaks.
£60 posted - Price dropped to £50 Posted SOLD

image by ajantom, on Flickr

Set 2 - Hope Mini brakes (2002)
Front - standard hose, 720mm long, No.5 caliper (160mm disc on front)
Rear - standard hose, 1400mm long, No.5 caliper (140mm disc on the rear)

Pistons seem to move fine on both calipers, no leaks. Some scuffs on the lever tops. Seem to remember I fitted brand new levers blades when I bought them. Newish pads - about 20% worn.
£60 posted SOLD

Set 3 - Hope Enduro 4 brakes (2000 or 2001)
Front - braided hose, 760mm long, No.3 caliper (180mm disc on the front)
Rear - braided hose, 1320mm long, No.3 caliper (160mm disc on the rear)

Older Pro levers, nice set of powerful brakes, these were the predecessor to the Mono M4s.
Good condition, some scuffs from use. Spare set of pads. The rear seems to move fine with no leaks.
The front is spongy and probably needs a bleed. There was a little brake fluid on the hose at the lever when I got them out, so may need new seals or a service?
£45 posted. SOLD for £40

Re:

Hi,
If anyone only wants a rear Mono m4 (first set) then I would happily have the front and split the cost.

Cheers, James.

Re:

Hi interested in set #2 but cashless! Do you need/want anything in swaps?

Re:

Interested in the Hope Mono M4s but is the rear caliper with Helicoil fitted, cracked at bolt thread hole?

Yes, but in the time I had them it didn't open out any more. As I said they were helicoiled when I got them, and the crack was there already.

Happy to accept offers on them ;)

Re: 3 sets of Hope brakes - Mono M4, Mini, and Enduro 4

Hi interested in set #2 but cashless! Do you need/want anything in swaps?

Not really, just trying to empty out the spares box at the mo.
Still got another 2 sets of Hopes (Mono Mini and M4) that I'm holding on to!

Re: Re:

ajantom":1t83wpvm said:
Interested in the Hope Mono M4s but is the rear caliper with Helicoil fitted, cracked at bolt thread hole?

Yes, but in the time I had them it didn't open out any more. As I said they were helicoiled when I got them, and the crack was there already.

Happy to accept offers on them ;)

Sorry but I won't risk using a safety critical part like a brake caliper that has a crack in it's mounting point, that goes and the caliper is off disc.
e14505.gif

GLWS.

Re:

No worries. The original seller didn't mention it when I bought them - which was a bit cheeky!
But as I said it hasn't got worse in the time I was using them. I was always happy using them as is, but understand your reservations.

Re:

Hi,
Still interested in the front M4 if you split but out of curiosity how much would your rock bottom price be for the working front and the cracked rear posted be?

Cheers, James.

Back