All quiet on the Western Front

Must be some serious hoards out there; I’ve been after some M950 cranks for ages.

Have seen a few lockdown buys go up with ridiculous prices. Going to be some major disappointment out there.

If you look at Lx and below, so can build a bike on even the most stringent of budgets.

Seems to go in cycles excuse the pun! I’ve had stuff sat on eBay for ages that isn’t expensive and hasn’t shifted. About a month or so ago I had a flurry of stuff that wasn’t for sale responding to wanted ads and pms about other stuff all went for money that wasn’t ridiculously expensive and I was happy with.

Having tried to get hold of some retro rims recently I’ve started using my modern gravel bike more simply because the spares are easy and cheaper to get hold of.

It sure is a sore subject knowing that if you ding or break something on your retrobike it’s going to cost you some; if you can find them in themselves.

Still - can’t bring myself to ride modern. 😀

Must be some serious hoards out there; I’ve been after some M950 cranks for ages.

There are a few on eBay but people want silly money.

When you can buy XTRM9100 new for £250 you have to question anyone that thinks M950 is worth more than £100-£150.

There are a few on eBay but people want silly money.

When you can buy XTRM9100 new for £250 you have to question anyone that thinks M950 is worth more than £100-£150.

Rarity. They aren’t producing any more M950 and they’ve had 25 years of abuse so less and less are mint condition

A perfect set of M950 cranks /rings / BB is £250. It’s been that way a while. A rubbed pair is £100.

I don’t buy it. This set was for sale just a few months ago on this very site at just £40 and didn’t sell for three months.

A rubbed set is £50 tops and even then, struggles to sell.

This is the reason things are slow, people have paid over the odds in the past two years and are left with kit that they can’t shift because they’re now asking for too much ££££

Rarity. They aren’t producing any more M950 and they’ve had 25 years of abuse so less and less are mint condition

A perfect set of M950 cranks /rings / BB is £250. It’s been that way a while. A rubbed pair is £100.
You sold a great set on here in January for £140 including the BB!

I don’t buy it. This set was for sale just a few months ago on this very site at just £40 and didn’t sell for three months.

A rubbed set is £50 tops and even then, struggles to sell.

This is the reason things are slow, people have paid over the odds in the past two years and are left with kit that they can’t shift because they’re now asking for too much ££££
I agree, people ask stupid money. It sits and doesn't sell and the seller wonders why :rolleyes:

All I want is a reasonable priced fork so I can finish my build.
But it seems I need to pay in 🦄🍆 and most likely multiple, one Unicorn Penis is not enough.

Ebay was always overpriced, but some rarer stuf went 300% or more last 8 years.
Even on public forums sales.

EBay used to be my main buying point, yeah there are some bargains there, but since I’ve joined this site, I only check in once every few weeks to see if there are any nice auctions going on. Or if there is something listed in the watch section.

Back