Alan Richards frameset - beautiful paint

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
Just got back from collecting an mtb which I bought off ebay. While I was collecting it the seller mentioned he had some other bikes and parts he was clearing out. I chose to buy this frameset out of a few he had as it seemed closest to my size. He also sold me a few parts to assist with the build. Here’s the frame:
IMG_2904.jpeg IMG_2905.jpeg IMG_2906.jpeg IMG_2907.jpeg IMG_2908.jpeg
I fully admit to being a bit of a novice when it comes to road bikes, but I couldn’t resist the paintjob on this. The dropouts are Gipiemme front and rear and it definitely seems light enough to be Reynolds like the sticker says.
I haven’t fully decided on the build details yet but the parts I got included Campagnolo chainset and wheels so might go with that for now.
More to follow as I progress but any info or thoughts on this one would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Looks neat. Over BB cable guides, Cinelli MC style fork crown, long dropouts, seat stay lug for a bolt sort of puts it in late 70's to early 80's so likely 531?

Had a bit of time this morning - found a nice Tange headset I’d been saving which cleaned up nicely and went on.
IMG_2927.jpeg
This let me get it mocked up a little to see what it’s going to look like. I also remembered I have a Shimano 600 arabesque mini-group knocking about so that might be cool on this.
Still really happy to have found this - I picked it up the same day I sold my Giant Cadex which was too big, this should be a better size and nice steel roadie for me.

Back