Alan Bonds 1939 "Orange Dream" bomber

Where can i buy a frame like this? Would be a perfect winter project!!

Very very very nice bike!!!

kaos":xtucsxmu said:
Where can i buy a frame like this? Would be a perfect winter project!!

Very very very nice bike!!!

The frame isn't the tricky part ... sourcing all the parts that work with the pre-war frames is a black art unto itself - and there are none better at this arcane black magic than Mister Bonds. I merely dabble and already spend ungodly bits of time and funds on the craft :D RUN AWAY!

Here's a pic of some of the kit used for this build:
o39_parts.jpg

That is very nice. and after building one myself and speaking with alan for help i can tell you it is really hard to make one that good.

I think AB is now working on a orange atom to follow that one. Great bike, built bu a legend, a peice of history in the making. glad its being used.

Happy trails.
pete

biglev":1wphsg2b said:
That is very nice. and after building one myself and speaking with alan for help i can tell you it is really hard to make one that good.

I think AB is now working on a orange atom to follow that one. Great bike, built bu a legend, a peice of history in the making. glad its being used.

Happy trails.
pete

Pete,

Alan did indeed just paint another frame Orange - but the 1938 bomber below was the follow up to the paint job on my DX - the color just POPS.

or38_01.jpg

Here's both of them on the way to a Repack run from before Alan moved to AZ ;-)
rack_attack.jpg

I am waiting for some new pics from Alan to add that atom hybrid to his site.

The Orange 1938 now belongs to a mate of mine, we went for a little klunk last Sunday.

Schwinns-2.jpg

The 38 is a C model with Morrow coaster and T1200 fork painted to match the frame - canti studs brazed by Otis Guy - with late 70s vintage Dia Compe touring cantis. That's a 54T TA track ring in front ;-)

Schwinns-3.jpg

nice rack!

Schwinns.jpg

Back