1937 SCHWINN EXCELSIOR X - NICKEL PLATED - GARY FISHER CLONE

Re:

Are you in doubt of those factory welds too 34henry? I don't particularly trust the welds on my old Schwinn, looks as if they were done with an olds tick welder...which they probably were. Is your welder planning on brazing to reinforce, or a complete clean and re weld on effected areas?
BTW I agree about e bay, you can find the rarest and difficult to find parts on there for almost anything.

Re:

Hey Artsy Fartsy, See below....combo of welding and brazing to repair..Great job by FTW! Now off to the sandblaster and nickel plater! (for the third time)

Finally got the front hub together. This is a stupid rare union front hub. I rechromed the hub body but kept the rest as is. I just don't like the fresh spray paint look..The inside of the hub looked like a titanic relic originally but now things are much improved!

The wheelset is finally done. both wheels improperly laced just like Garys! Non Knurled original Schwinn S-2s and union 080 rustless spokes..Considering how totally thrown together the wheelset is, somehow looks like it is meant to be dont you think?

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,249
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,249
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,249
Re:

and more..

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 1,248
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,248
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,248
Re:

Dumpster Find?..

Actually rode it like this to check for any issues before the FINAL re-plate...tracks nice and true!..

gotta get the crank arms anodized...then DONE!!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 1,170
Back