Advice on a Shimergo setup

I always ran 8 speed campag levers with a shimano rear mech on a shimano 6 speed cassette & it ran perfectly. You're trying it with a 7 speed cassette, which I can't comment on.

pigman":1cvh5obm said:
I always ran 8 speed campag levers with a shimano rear mech on a shimano 6 speed cassette & it ran perfectly. You're trying it with a 7 speed cassette, which I can't comment on.

theoretically the 6spd would be eaiser, as it has wider spacing, so, in the end I might just re-space the cassette and swap out the largest cog :D :D

I still say that by looking at 6 or 7 speed you are giving up too easily and worrying about theory not practice :LOL:

Problem solved...

WHy? :D Btw, I've adjusted the cable tension a bit, and it seems to be okay now, perfect shifting through the cassette even when I pedal standing upright eg.: up to a hill or sprinting.

Really, I started cycling this september, and after using 19kg city bikes for years with hub gears this Basso http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130124/K_p0207_w ... es.hu_.jpg is just so light-fast and responsive (weighs 9.8 kg without those nasty pedals) that I can't imagine what can a modern road bike with new wheels feel like. : D

So practically I don't even know whether it's possible to get faster-preciser shifting with diff. setup, as the derailleurs do their jobs perfectly now : D

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130124/K_p0213_w ... es.hu_.jpg

ahh those downtube cable adjusters cost me more than the 3ttt stem :( yet I find them useful for fine-tuning the cables...

Now I need to look after new problems-things to improve, as I hate when everything is perfect and I don't have to find solutions for existing problems... :(

So far, so good. Still get some extra jump in the middle occasionally, but mostly during downshifts, it's perect while upshifting.

I've found that those cable adjusters on the downtube are very useful-handy, they are perfext for adjusting cable tension even while riding.

kbmpi":2oomb5t3 said:
So far, so good. Still get some extra jump in the middle occasionally, but mostly during downshifts, it's perect while upshifting.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I thought I could lend a little insight on your Shimergo setup as I use Campagnolo 8s Ergo shifters with a Shimano 7s HG cassette. If you replace the Shimano rear mech with a pre-2001 indexed Campy unit (not the old-old stuff, anything Ergo compatible 8s up through 2001) you'll get the correct pull of 5mm.

You've got it working nice enough it sounds, but I just wanted to let you know I've been running that combination for over a year with a few thousand reliable miles.

yunkk":2krqhe3o said:
kbmpi":2krqhe3o said:

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I thought I could lend a little insight on your Shimergo setup as I use Campagnolo 8s Ergo shifters with a Shimano 7s HG cassette. If you replace the Shimano rear mech with a pre-2001 indexed Campy unit (not the old-old stuff, anything Ergo compatible 8s up through 2001) you'll get the correct pull of 5mm.

You've got it working nice enough it sounds, but I just wanted to let you know I've been running that combination for over a year with a few thousand reliable miles.

Don't worry, I've covered a few miles with 7spd plus campy ergo-dérailleur combo, and it was perfect, but simply could not resist the quality of campy hubs.. so i have a full 8spd drivetrain now:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97878439@N ... 374775884/

I have also created the same set up, 7 speed freewheel (Shimano MF-TZ21), Athena 8 speed ergo shifters and mech. Doesn't line up for me, the mech moves too far, if it is aligned on cog 1, by cog 5 it is seriously rattling, cog 6 jumps up to 7. Even bought a second mech as the first one I bought was a 9 speed Daytona and although it appeared to be pre 2001 I figured I must have been wrong, but the 8 speed is exactly the same. Gutted. Tried to Hubbub it but it didn't fix anything for me.

markypea":3jbjhk31 said:
I have also created the same set up, 7 speed freewheel (Shimano MF-TZ21), Athena 8 speed ergo shifters and mech. Doesn't line up for me, the mech moves too far, if it is aligned on cog 1, by cog 5 it is seriously rattling, cog 6 jumps up to 7. Even bought a second mech as the first one I bought was a 9 speed Daytona and although it appeared to be pre 2001 I figured I must have been wrong, but the 8 speed is exactly the same. Gutted. Tried to Hubbub it but it didn't fix anything for me.
not doubting you, you're there to see it, but if the parts are what you say, it should work fine. Has someone put different ratchets inside the ergos at some point (so even tho' it says 8 speed, they actually work 9 or 10)?

Back