ADROIT 1996/97 BUILD

SF Klein":1pwteedd said:
Book a ticket to SF for the spring and you can smuggle this one home in your luggage. :LOL:

done deal make sure the price is nice. i can see a pic of me you in US. but i would like your input on this build.

thanks andy

id stick with black parts, and if you can i reakon change the syncros for an mc2 :cool:
also ditch the sram and stick with shimano xt/xtr.... keep it rougly period correct, just my opinion ;)

Regarding this thread and your goal to go modern, I agree that it would be best to keep all the the components to black and/or VERY dark gray. I've seen other '97 Adroits that try to match the yellow and orange and they just seem like they're trying to be flashy for flash sake (Imagine me actually saying that about a Klein!!).

For something off the beaten path, have you seen one of these forks? It's from a German company called german A. (http://www.german-a.de/en/) It's a modern take on the AMP forks of the 90's. I don't have any personal experience with them but everything I've read on their site seems like they pack a lot of engineering into the fork and they make a point to keep the fork very light which would be in keeping with what Klein would have selected back in the day. They're not cheap though.

Attachments

• ga_force_kilo_1_2_gr.jpg
    ga_force_kilo_1_2_gr.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,475
SF Klein":194cww4a said:
Regarding this thread and your goal to go modern, I agree that it would be best to keep all the the components to black and/or VERY dark gray. I've seen other '97 Adroits that try to match the yellow and orange and they just seem like they're trying to be flashy for flash sake (Imagine me actually saying that about a Klein!!).

For something off the beaten path, have you seen one of these forks? It's from a German company called german A. (http://www.german-a.de/en/) It's a modern take on the AMP forks of the 90's. I don't have any personal experience with them but everything I've read on their site seems like they pack a lot of engineering into the fork and they make a point to keep the fork very light which would be in keeping with what Klein would have selected back in the day. They're not cheap though.

jeff i admire your bravery but I cant change the forks they cost me the earth and they are carbon steerer sids world cup with canti's, and the stem is original syncross. I cant change these.

thanks andy

magicmistertea":3s6tmb46 said:
id stick with black parts, and if you can i reakon change the syncros for an mc2 :cool:
also ditch the sram and stick with shimano xt/xtr.... keep it rougly period correct, just my opinion ;)

web.jpg

i am building my other adroit with xtr grey and mc2. this project is all about modern due to the fact that it is a spare frame. I was thinking of putting DI2 on it

thanks andy

I would be a little worried about the syncros pinch bolt on a carbon steerer - thats a lot of force on a small area...

fingers":3rkc1umr said:
I would be a little worried about the syncros pinch bolt on a carbon steerer - thats a lot of force on a small area...
totally right! there is a warning in all the full carbon road forks manuals for using stems with pinch bolts. on my road bike i had to get a carbon fork with alloy steerer because i wanted to use a syncros stem.

any123":3e0tzzb1 said:
jeff i admire your bravery but I cant change the forks they cost me the earth and they are carbon steerer sids world cup with canti's, and the stem is original syncross. I cant change these.

thanks andy

any123":3e0tzzb1 said:
i am building my other adroit with xtr grey and mc2. this project is all about modern due to the fact that it is a spare frame. I was thinking of putting DI2 on it

thanks andy

Have you shopped yet for DI2 to see how much they're asking for it?:shock:

SF Klein":1cjuwede said:
any123":1cjuwede said:

thanks andy

any123":1cjuwede said:

thanks andy

Have you shopped yet for DI2 to see how much they're asking for it?:shock:

DI2 for the full groupset is 2 grand. I need time trial buttons and rear and front mech and battery unit, it comes to about grand.

DI2 adroit very novel i feel

thanks andy

Back