Adding catalog scans?

frkl

Retro Guru
Hi, I'm new here, hence the Retro Noob tag under my name...

Sorry if I just haven't found it, but is there a How To on adding catalog scans to the archives? If not, how do you do it?

Thanks!

I emailed a couple yesterday after using the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page. There is a new space for catalogues and the Admins need to put them there.

Two methods, upload them to the catalogue section in the forum.
5 pics a post, 20M per picture I think, they get compressed again (I think).

Easy to do.

Or email me and I can get them up.

There is a new section coming up John has been testing (it was tested briefly by me when the forum first went live).

We can use that when it available too. And hopefully get the current Archive into it as well.
Not sure it's as easy to scan through stuff though, we'll find out.

Of course you can just stick them up on google/live/Dropbox etc drives and share them.

As for 'The Archive & Gallery' that is quite old and I put things that are emailed to me or found in the forum on there (when I get time).

It's old there, restrictions on file size and a pain in the arse to put stuff up sometimes. :)

As for 'The Archive & Gallery' that is quite old and I put things that are emailed to me or found in the forum on there (when I get time).

It's old there, restrictions on file size and a pain in the arse to put stuff up sometimes. :)
So would it be better to just post them in the eg "show me your xyz" thread?

Thanks!

So would it be better to just post them in the eg "show me your xyz" thread?

Thanks!
If you’re going to add them anywhere yourself, this is the section to do it;

Just scan your document, have the pic files to hand, start a thread and add the pics as attachments.

Hey thank you so much to everyone who chimed in with assistance. I can tell this is a community with good people, and of course good taste in bikes.

And thanks @FluffyChicken for admin duties.

Not admin here, not even a moderator as such. Just a volunteer from way back to sort out the catalogues an stuff (with a few moderator powers in this section).

I just need to crack on and get the ons I have up too , wheelers scanned in and ready and some more shimano ones waiting too (and have been for 6 or 7 or so years..

Back