Wanted 3rd Gen Syncros Seatpost 29.4mm

Betsy

Old School Grand Master
Morning lads,

I joined this forum years ago with the intention of picking up a mint 29.4mm 3rd Gen Syncros post.. i passed up on a few which were a bit tatty and here we are 4yrs later, after my best efforts scanning Yahoo, Mercari, Rakuten, eBay.. ect ect.. i still haven't found one.. i'm riding a minty 27.2 with a shim.

I know it's not going to be cheap.. if this plea doesn't work i might end up restoring one.

Can I appeal to our aging contingent here.. with their many boxes of unused retro mtb parts.. come on fellas, as you rapidly approach your 'garden center years' .. maybe it's time for a period of self reflection

You look out of the window to another cold, rainy day.. noisily sucking on a Werther's Original.. do you really want to be going for a bike ride?.. in this weather.. with your knees? I don't think so..

Tell you what would be lovely, a nice pot of tea and a scone at Chatsworth house.. Ooh yeah, you can wear those new plum coloured trousers you bought from the classics range at Marks & Spencer,.. the ones Michael Portillo wears.. but y’know, parking is a tenner, pot of tea and a scone is going to be £25 and if there's time before Pointless you might want to look around the gardens.. (sharp intake of breath over your remaining teeth).. the cost is mounting up.

I know! i could start selling off some of the old mtb parts to fund this new stately home lifestyle.. "Betsy’s right.. i've missed peak-retro, prices are already on the wane, this might be my last chance to get a good price.. I'll go dig out one of those 29.4mm Syncros posts" ..

😁

Thanks for the offer @GCD but I’m trying to rebuild something I once owned.. I’m not a stickler for accuracy, some parts I can’t even remember but the Syncros post is a big part of the what’s pressing my nostalgia buttons.. plus to change track now will seem like 4 yrs of waisted searching. My justifications are purely sentimental, I know.. but I’m sure y’all understand

Keep searching fellas!

It’s my birthday on Monday lads

If you’re going to crowd fund this thing for me .. don’t leave it too late.

🎁

Latest posts

Back