Acorn anodising - anyone successfully contacting them?

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Looking to get a frame anodised by acorn due to their good reputation.

Initial email enquiry around 2 months ago was answered by Steve , but no reply to latest email (2 weeks ago) asking to send the frame down to them for the job to be done.

No answer when calling either. I’ve tried quite a few times over the last few days at different times. Is this normal for them ?

Worry is that if they don’t respond and don’t answer how do you contact them once they have your items, resolve issues or to pay etc.

Any other places people use they can recommend failing I manage to get this sorted.

The first time I dealt with them, the response and service was almost instantaneous - part sent, processed and returned to me within a few days. Brilliant.

The next time I tried to contact them, no response to emails, and the phone just rang and rang on every attempt over several days, so I gave up 🤷‍♂️

The first time I dealt with them, the response and service was almost instantaneous - part sent, processed and returned to me within a few days. Brilliant.

The next time I tried to contact them, no response to emails, and the phone just rang and rang on every attempt over several days, so I gave up 🤷‍♂️
Yep I’m at that stage now I feel. Pity though but better than sending them a frame and never getting it back I guess.

Wasn't there something on their site a few (maybe 6) months ago, saying they were only taking on high quantity commercial orders and didn't want to deal with joe-public for the time being due to their order books overflowing and massively long wait times for small items?

Wasn't there something on their site a few (maybe 6) months ago, saying they were only taking on high quantity commercial orders and didn't want to deal with joe-public for the time being due to their order books overflowing and massively long wait times for small items?

I’d completely understand if that’s the case. They could at least email back to say so if that’s the situation now .But Steve replied with pricing etc about 6 weeks ago to my enquiry and now I’m just wanting to give them some money.

Anywhere else that anyone knows to do a frame before I buy decals and have (another) ball burnished Zaskar in my garage

I thought it'd been discussed on here but i can't seem to find it.. i'm sure i didn't dream it.. i think it was something to do with a backlog of orders taken during covid, staff off on furlough ect which they had to get on top of.
Ive just checked the site and they're now quoting a couple of working days turnaround for ano.

fullsizeoutput_15d.jpeg

Last edited:
Back