anodising, stickers and lacquer

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
so i'm in process with a build and i was curious if anybody knew the answer to this one.

i have a frame that is anodised, now to be honest it's a rough to the touch finish, it reminds me of how santa cruz did their anodised frames a few year ago, now i want to put stickers on this frame, originally this model would have been highly polished before before anodising creating a smooth finish, which would have meant stickers were no issue and then i think the frame was lacquered.

so because of the rougher finish, am i gonna need stickers that are tougher, more sticky somehow? can i or rather should i then get it lacquered?

thoughts? any wise words? i have emailed the anodiser for advice but it's sunday, and i'm impatient!! :LOL:

Could you not lacquer it then add the stickers?

@mk one i'm not sure, in this case the frame essentially has a slightly rough finish, what i'm wondering is will the stickers stick properly, will they need lacquer to hold them down, or if lacquered first will that smooth the surface of the frame and maybe give a more gloss look, then sticker then maybe lacquer again?

I know nothing :) . I thought the same as you mentioned, glossing would create a smoother surface for the decals to stick to, though surely the rough finish now is not that pronounced to affect the stick of the decals?

Back