A teenage dream! 1998 DMR trailstar project

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":1jsrs0c5 said:
Id fit the rigid forks, with some wide tyres for a bit of bounce. The 16 year old me would have said make it dialled ;)

Just so happens I found a pair of NOS mk1 trailblade forks in black on ebay the other day for a good price so definitely going to be rigid. :D :D :D

Re:

The postie dropped of some NOS goodies earlier. The forks are a little rough after god knows how many years rattling around a warehouse but I'm building the bike to be ridden, not a garage queen so I'm not too fussed.

ZfBfJNc.jpg

I also picked up these cranks. They are brand new but a few years old and came with no packaging so no idea what brand they are but they are 48 spline and not the budget pinch bolt design so should be decent quality. At £45 including all bolts/spacers and bearings I'm chuffed with them. There is a set of old DMR wondercups in my 'that'll come in handy one day' box that I can use to convert the Trailstars US BMX bottom bracket shell to accept the threaded euro BB of the cranks. I got a NOS DMR Saturn ring direct from upgrade bikes (DMR's parent company). As a bonus it is 34 tooth so if I run a 16t rear sprocket it will give the classic BMX ratio of 55 gear inches.

eqqB0GO.jpg

Re:

I can’t just a little box with image written in it. I can see 2 pics from you he second post but that’s it.

Latest posts

Back