A teenage dream! 1998 DMR trailstar project

huggie":96pbair4 said:
Great job. I need a set of those decals and can get them made by people who know what they are doing. Any way I can get a copy of your great artwork? I need sizes for the DMR down tube decals too. Any help will be really appreciated.

As it happens I was not happy with the quality of mine. They were OK but not quite right so I got Gil on the case. He has recreated the original decals for me perfectly and I'm sure he will have saved the vectors on file so he can sort you out mate. Hit him up at sales@retrodecals.co.uk

Re: Re:

petehaddock":2fzvee6u said:
jYSGFfL.png

Dear Pete,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I would have PMed but I'm new here. Would you mind sharing a high-res version of your Trailstar decal design please? I am also restoring a Trailstar and can't find the decal images anywhere :( . It would greatly help me out if you could share your image :)

Best wishes,
Devon, UK

corpuschain":2s65ymrv said:
petehaddock":2s65ymrv said:

Dear Pete,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I would have PMed but I'm new here. Would you mind sharing a high-res version of your Trailstar decal design please? I am also restoring a Trailstar and can't find the decal images anywhere :( . It would greatly help me out if you could share your image :)

Best wishes,
Devon, UK

I can do better than that, I had a second set made (design was tidied up and properly scaled by Gil at RetroDecals with an original frame I sent him for reference). £40 and they are yours mate.

petehaddock":1omqw1xm said:
corpuschain":1omqw1xm said:
petehaddock":1omqw1xm said:

Dear Pete,

Best wishes,
Devon, UK

I can do better than that, I had a second set made (design was tidied up and properly scaled by Gil at RetroDecals with an original frame I sent him for reference). £40 and they are yours mate.

Hi, thanks for replying quickly! That's tempting, but I'm not sure what colour I'm doing the bike yet, and if I do it an unusual colour combination, I'd like to print decals that match (i.e. modify the colours).

Fair enough, mine are the stock red/orange colours. Give Gil at Retro Decals a shout and he can sort you out as he now has the designs on file.

Oh right. Is the file your creation? i.e. will he give me the file? If he created it I'd imagine he won't want to give it out since he wants to sell decals.

Hey guys, I am restoring a DMR trailstar LT MK1 (if you remember that clear coat version that always always rusted under the paint) looking to sources some decals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sick work on that trailstar btw!!!!

Back