A few questions, norco frame, marz bombers, thumbshifters

BCTrailcruiser

Dirt Disciple
Hi! Longtime lurker, finally signed up and reached 5 posts. :D raced XC in the later mid 90s, only rode casually for a decade, slowly got back into it hauling kids around in a trailer, now fully bitten by the bug. Have some retro rockys and kona projects, but will save hose for another thread.

Anyways, question 1. I recently got a Norco Nitro Frame for free with some other parts off the classifieds. I beleive it is a 1995. Info is hard to come by on these. Id like to eventually build it up as a first (full size) bike for my daughter (a few years off), but there are some concerns. First off, the seatpost has been cut, if i “notch”the front, do you think a seatpost clamp could still do a proper job? Also, it seems to have suffered some bad chainsuck. Has the integrity of the frame been comprimised? If its salvageable id eventually paint, or get it powdercoated. It is tange prestige frame.

Question 2, i have some old suntour thumbshifters. They are set to index. They only do 5 clicks, then go a ways as friction only. Are these for a 5 speed? Would they work on a 7 or 8 speed?

Question 3, what model of bombers are these? They are 2001 date ( i beleive ). I am thinking Z3 maybe? Can anyone point me to a schematic or manual? Id like to rebuild these for a rocky mt soul project.

Thanks, now the pics. Sorry they were too big to upload. I will try to find out how to display them.
Update, i did

Frame

Suntour

Bombers

Back